Where are command line arguments described?
Author Message
 Where are command line arguments described?

I've looked at the man page, info page, FAQ and could not find the
description of perl command line options anywhere. This sucks.

I have -U in my scripts like this:
#!/usr/bin/p5 -U

and could not find -U description anywhere. Any tips?

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:14:55 GMT
 Where are command line arguments described?

10/14/02 1:14 PM:

Quote:
> I've looked at the man page, info page, FAQ and could not find the
> description of perl command line options anywhere. This sucks.

> I have -U in my scripts like this:
> #!/usr/bin/p5 -U

> and could not find -U description anywhere. Any tips?

 perldoc perlrun

     -U   allows Perl to do unsafe operations.  Currently the
          only "unsafe" operations are the unlinking of
          directories while running as superuser, and running
          setuid programs with fatal taint checks turned into
          warnings.  Note that the -w switch (or the "$^W"
          variable) must be used along with this option to
          actually generate the taint-check warnings

cp

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:21:16 GMT
 Where are command line arguments described?

Quote:

> I've looked at the man page, info page, FAQ and could not find the
> description of perl command line options anywhere. This sucks.

   perldoc perlrun

    Fort Worth, Texas

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:29:52 GMT

1. Help! with command line arguments

2. running perl at command line with arguments: script.cgi?text=text

3. Command line arguments.

4. Simple reordering of command line arguments.

5. Command line arguments?

6. Passing form values back to a script as command line arguments

7. How to set varible from command line argument??

8. patch1 for wafeperl 0.2 to allow xt command line argument processing

9. Modification of command line arguments

10. passing arguments on the command line to the script

11. Variable to get arguments from command line

12. Command line arguments