Making a script a Windows 2000 service
Author Message
 Making a script a Windows 2000 service

Hi,

I have a script that I want to run every minute on my Windows 2000 Server.
What is the best way to do this?  Is the scheduled tasks a good solution for
this?  Or is there a better one?

Thanks for the help,

ben

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:11:19 GMT
 Making a script a Windows 2000 service

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a script that I want to run every minute on my Windows 2000 Server.
> What is the best way to do this?  Is the scheduled tasks a good solution
for
> this?  Or is there a better one?

You can also write a script that runs as a service and activates every
minute (use sleep() to specify the pause).
You can read the details about this in
<PERL_DIR>/html/faq/Windows/ActivePerl-Winfaq4.html if you use the
ActiveState's Perl distribution.

Michael.

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:45:55 GMT

1. Perl and Windows 2000 Service.

2. Network Access as Windows 2000 Service?

3. mod_perl apache windows 2000 is not running perl scripts simultaneously

4. mod_perl apache windows 2000 is not running perl scripts simultaneously

5. windows 2000 ldap perl script active directory query

6. Running a perl script as a windows 2000 service?

7. Accessing Windows 2000 AD entries (from UNIX machine)

8. ActivePerl Windows 2000 online documentation

9. ActivePerl, Windows 2000 and 2+GB of Memory

10. Installing ActiveState Perl on Windows 2000 Pro

11. Term::ANSIColor in Windows 2000's CMD

12. Perl paths in Windows 2000