"Parse exceptions" using WIN32::ODBC
Author Message
 "Parse exceptions" using WIN32::ODBC

    Howdy. I am a novice Perl programmer so spare the technicalities,
but
I need to access an ODBC database source name on an NT 4.0 server
and I cannot for the life of me implement the use win32::odbc, etc... It

consistently gives back "parse exception" errors.

   I tried to find some loose threads using dejanews search engine and
found some mention of the problem, but I most were written in German.

  Does anyone know of such an error attempting to use the ODBC
module at www.roth.net??? I have double checked where the .pm
etc.. files need to be. I followed the direction exactly, but to no
avail.

I think it finds it, but screws up somewhere in the interpreting the
API. It doesnt even matter if I use any methods from the api. I
do not even have to connect and open a source, it is just in typing
in the USE Win32::odbc;   It does not like this at all!

Any help would be,     well... helpful
Peter Robbins

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Parse exceptions" using WIN32::ODBC

Quote:
>I think it finds it, but screws up somewhere in the interpreting the
>API. It doesnt even matter if I use any methods from the api. I
>do not even have to connect and open a source, it is just in typing
>in the USE Win32::odbc;   It does not like this at all!

This may be because the call you need is:
use Win32::ODBC not use Win32::odbc.
Upper case not lower case!
Chris

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win32::ODBC - Parse exception

2. use Win32::ODBC :Parse exception

3. new win32::ODBC("DSN")

4. how to parse a "this", "that", "and the ", "other" file

5. OLE exception from "Microsoft Excel"

6. how to parse "this", "that", "other"

7. "character class ""bug""

8. "Runtime exception' error in perl using Win32::ODBC

9. "Runtime exception' error in perl using Win32::ODBC

10. DBI::ODBC - "general network error"

11. DBD::ODBC error Undefined symbol "SQLAllocEnv"

12. DBD::ODBC error Undefined symbol "SQLAllocEnv"