glob not working through browser
Author Message
 glob not working through browser

iis 4
glob("whatever path") is returning nothing when run through the browser, but
works correctly when run from the command line.  the script is otherwise
working, so permissions seem to be correct.

any ideas?

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 glob not working through browser

Quote:

> iis 4
> glob("whatever path") is returning nothing when run through the browser, but
> works correctly when run from the command line.  the script is otherwise
> working, so permissions seem to be correct.

And what happens when you try opendir and readdir and $!? The
permissions might be correct for reading the file, but for glob
you might need right on the directory as well.

Hope this helps a bit,

                   I can take or leave it if I please

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 glob not working through browser
thank you very much for the help.  i made it further with your advice, but i
am still confused as to why this is not working.

# this does NOT work.  i tried all sorts of path/filename specs, all return

# this DOES work:

closedir DIR;

i wonder if it's something with IIS 4?  i spent quite a bit of time in it,
trying to figure this out, without any progress at all.

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 glob not working through browser

Quote:

> # this does NOT work.  i tried all sorts of path/filename specs, all
> return nothing

Remember that (on most systems) glob() calls /bin/csh (or something
similar). That's a bad idea for security reasons, in general. But also,
did you realize that "*.*" is not the glob for all files? (I'm told that
the glob "*" works properly on DOS-based systems, returning all normal
files.) Also, did you know that csh has a limit on the amount of data csh
can return?

Quote:
> # this DOES work:
> opendir DIR, "." || die "can't open dir: $!";

Precedence error! That code isn't doing what you want.

Quote:

> closedir DIR;

> i wonder if it's something with IIS 4?

Often it is. :-)

Hope this helps!

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. glob not working in dos

2. glob not working

3. glob not working win32?

4. File glob not working properly

5. New-2-Perl: Script output to Browser not working

6. LWP and HTTPS script not working via browser/CGI calls

7. Scripts work from shell but not browser

8. Perl Win32 not working with browser...

9. work on command line and not via browser?

10. looking for simple browser - cgi compatible -not lynx -not netscape

11. Count of items is EXCEPTION not RULE (was Re: Little perl annoyance #371: glob)

12. Win95 glob for filenames returns values but not into array