File navigation and line replacement help required
Author Message
 File navigation and line replacement help required

Hello!
I have a subroutine that opens the file as read-write.
Within that file I have a tag called /Last entry/
I have the sub routine that searches for that line within the file.
now... when I find that line I want to overwite it and insert data at that
point
(when I finish writing I will add again the /last entry/ tag.)
The reason why I am not concatinating the info onto the file is because that
tag could be any where in the file.

This is a for Text file data base which will be manipulated via a Form.
any and all help sincerely appreciated! :)
Thanks,
Marcelo

Tue, 12 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 File navigation and line replacement help required

Quote:
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc, comp.lang.perl

[There's no longer a newsgroup called comp.lang.perl. If your site still
carries it, ask your news administrator to fix things.]

Quote:
> Subject: File navigation and line replacement help required

You explained very clearly what you wanted to do and how you wanted to go
about it, but you neglected to say what your problem was. If you post the
problem, maybe someone will have a solution. Good luck!

-- Tom Phoenix            http://www.teleport.com/~rootbeer/

Tue, 12 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. File navigation and line replacement help required

2. File navigation help required

3. require min lines in file/array Net::SMTP

4. multi-line text replacement

5. Replacement for Listbox with intra-line styles?

6. require help on require

7. difference between require $file and require Module

8. crypt in required file problem, please help

9. HELP: need simple replacement for IPC::Run run() function

10. Recursive pattern replacement - help

11. Help!: database data replacement with perl

12. string replacement in a hierarchy of files