Perl 5.004 pod docs in texinfo and info format
Author Message
 Perl 5.004 pod docs in texinfo and info format

Hello all,

I've translated the pod docs from Perl 5.004 into texinfo format (using the
methods described in the CPAN/doc/manual/info/perl-info.tar.gz as a starting
point).  The amount of hand-tweaking neccesary was non-negligable, and I'd
like to spare anyone else from having going through the same circus.

I've got two versions of the docs ready:
- Perl docs sans modules.
- Perl docs with all modules included.

The resulting texinfo files are too large to be formatted with Emacs and the
Texinfo must be used. The resulting Info files (all 46 of them if module
documentation is included) work perfectly as drop-in replacements for the
files mentionned above.

I'd like to put it all up on CPAN, but as it isn't a module, I don't see how

gotten a reply.

Could anyone let me know how I could get this on CPAN next to the old 5.002
texinfo format docs?

Pat

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: New set of Perl docs in info format

2. perl docs in info format?

3. emacs info files for Perl 5.004

4. Perl 5.004 Info documentation

5. texinfo version of perl5.000 docs?

6. texinfo version of 5.002 docs

7. pod to texinfo?

8. POD converter -- problem with texinfo

9. texinfo version of tk800.007 pods

10. Converting Perl code & pod docs to postscript

11. Perl manual (Emacs info-mode format?, NG format)

12. Docs/Info/... about perl/Tk