question on http downloading
Author Message
 question on http downloading

hello all,

   I have a web site that has all of it's images sourced to

various different servers on the net. I, however, would like all

the physical image files to be on my hard disk since everyone

keeps moving their images around leaving my page with a bunch of

broken links and because I now have enough space on my server

for them. :)

  So, I am basically looking for an easy way to download an image

with a known URL location into a specified directory on my home

machine without having to go out and download all the images

by hand using a browser.

  I am just learning perl so be easy on me and I am not a regular

reader of this group so please reply to me directly as well

as the group.

                   Thanks,

                                Aaron Schultz

Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 question on http downloading

Quote:

>   So, I am basically looking for an easy way to download an image
> with a known URL location into a specified directory on my home
> machine without having to go out and download all the images
> by hand using a browser.
>   I am just learning perl so be easy on me and I am not a regular
> reader of this group so please reply to me directly as well
> as the group.

sounds like a job for the LWP module, which comes with lots of
examples and good documentation.  get it at your favorite
CPAN site [1].

[1] Comprehensive Perl Archive Network
<URL:http://www.perl.com>

--
brian d foy                              <URL:http://computerdog.com>

Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. http download with lwp

2. http client file download?

3. Download files using HTTP / Perl

4. HTTP::Request: how to download to a file

5. http header for prompting Mac IE 5 downloading

6. Downloading images with HTTP/LWP libraries

7. file download via http

8. http download

9. http client file download?

10. http file download module

11. perl module for http download of file

12. http download of images in perl