date under windows 95/98/NT
Author Message
 date under windows 95/98/NT

I'm using the windows os and I need to get the
date.  I tried using the command
  system("date > date.out").  It returns the date
but it also prompt for a new date.  As a result,
my script won't continue running until I hit
return to ignore it.  Is there a command that
returns the date only?

Thanks,
hungqt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 date under windows 95/98/NT
[Posted and a courtesy copy mailed.]

Quote:
> I'm using the windows os and I need to get the
> date.  I tried using the command
>   system("date > date.out").  It returns the date
> but it also prompt for a new date.  As a result,
> my script won't continue running until I hit
> return to ignore it.  Is there a command that
> returns the date only?

Let Perl do it.  `perldoc -f localtime`.

--
(Just Another Larry) Rosler
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. date under win 95/98/NT

2. Installing Perl on Windows 95 or Windows 98

3. Socket problems on Windows 95/98

4. Personal Web Server, Windows 95-98, Perl.

5. Socket problems on Windows 95/98

6. PERL GUI Handlers for Winblows 95/98/NT ...

7. How do I monitor a Process on Win 95/98/NT

8. PERL GUI Handlers for Winblows 95/98/NT ...

9. Relational database for Windows/Windows 95/NT

10. Where can I get Perl for Windows NT or Windows 95

11. Perl v4 for Windows 95/NT and 32bit DOS

12. Perl v4 for Windows 95/NT 32bit DOS