pop-up window problem
Author Message
 pop-up window problem

I am having trouble running a perl script, and placing the contents in a
pop-up window.  The problem is the script doesn't seem to complete to
the end.

Here's my call to the perl script:
<form name="oldpoll" action='http://localhost/cgi-bin/Instapoll.cgi'
method="post"
OnSubmit="window.open('http://localhost/cgi-bin/Instapoll.cgi/','mywindo
w','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=1,width=322,height=257');
return false;" TARGET="mywindow">

It is a web poll.  The script is supposed to calculate the results.  I
just get the top part of the results window.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:08:26 GMT
 pop-up window problem

Quote:
>> On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 01:08:26 GMT,

> I am having trouble running a perl script, and placing the contents
> in a pop-up window.  The problem is the script doesn't seem to
> complete to the end.

Perl does not have "pop-up windows".  See below.

Quote:
> Here's my call to the perl script: <form name="oldpoll"
> action='http://localhost/cgi-bin/Instapoll.cgi' method="post"
> OnSubmit="window.open('http://localhost/cgi-bin/Instapoll.cgi/','mywindo
> w','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=1,width=322,height=257');
> return false;" TARGET="mywindow">
> It is a web poll.  The script is supposed to calculate the results.
> I just get the top part of the results window.

I guess there's a problem somewhere.  But with no code and/or data to
reason with, who knows?

Write a small self-contained program that exhibits this behaviour.
Post it.  Then someone may be able to offer advice.  Otherwise it's
just GIGO isn't it?

Are you having a problem with understanding or using perl?  Is it a
problem with CGI?  Or with browser technology?  Answering this may
help you narrow down your choice of most relevant newsgroup(s).

--
Eih bennek, eih blavek.

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:31:57 GMT
 pop-up window problem

Actually, I have learned that it is a MSIE problem.  Yes, I am new to
Perl - that makes it tougher.  My problem has improved, but now I get
two windows with the results.  A full one, and a smaller one.
Why the full one as well?  I have tested for window.open, tried
using A HREF, and Netscape works perfectly.  It is almost like there are
two "submits" going through.

arrgg!  So I see now it was not a Perl problem.

Quote:
> >> On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 01:08:26 GMT,

> > I am having trouble running a perl script, and placing the contents
> > in a pop-up window.  The problem is the script doesn't seem to
> > complete to the end.

> Perl does not have "pop-up windows".  See below.

> > Here's my call to the perl script: <form name="oldpoll"
> > action='http://localhost/cgi-bin/Instapoll.cgi' method="post"

OnSubmit="window.open('','mywindow','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,
status=1,width=322,height=257');

Quote:
> > return false;" TARGET="mywindow">

> > It is a web poll.  The script is supposed to calculate the results.
> > I just get the top part of the results window.

> I guess there's a problem somewhere.  But with no code and/or data to
> reason with, who knows?

> Write a small self-contained program that exhibits this behaviour.
> Post it.  Then someone may be able to offer advice.  Otherwise it's
> just GIGO isn't it?

> Are you having a problem with understanding or using perl?  Is it a
> problem with CGI?  Or with browser technology?  Answering this may
> help you narrow down your choice of most relevant newsgroup(s).

> --
> Eih bennek, eih blavek.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 12:10:59 GMT

1. Pop Ups

2. Pop Ups

3. PERL/PWS DOS Window popup problem SOLVED !!!

4. PERL/PWS DOS window popup problem ...

5. UPS calculation problem using qcostcgi.cgi script.

6. UPS shipping API problems

7. ssi in popup window, please help!!!

8. new window pop up via button

9. popup windows...

10. Perl Batch Job without DOS window popup

11. Popup Window in Tk

12. Pop Up Window for FormMail