perl docs in info format?
Author Message
 perl docs in info format?

Quote:

> where can i find the full set of standard perl docs in info format?

> it used to be easily found on www.perl.com, but i couldn't find it with the
> current interface.

I dont recall there ever being any info format documentation - there
certainly isnt a Pod::Info module which might be used to create these
files nor (at least on CPAN) any Pod::Texinfo module that might be used (via
makeinfo) to create them.  If you could find the files in Texinfo format
you should be able to create them yourself.

Of course having had a look at the format of a .info file I figure that
would be very simply to create a pod2info translator - off you go I figure
that it would take less than a day.

Quote:
>                    I hope Tom C. doesn't have a hand in this.

What precisely do you mean by this ?  Just because people dont post here
nowadays I dont think that you should be going round dissing them.

/J\
--

< http://www.*-*-*.com/ >
** Uri Guttman - Have You CPANed Backward.pm Yet ? **

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 perl docs in info format?

Quote:
> I dont recall there ever being any info format documentation

in emacs cperl mode by Ilya Zakharevich, if you do 'C-h m' to read the mode
documentation, you see several commands that presume having an info version
of perl docs, and here's an excerpt:

--
If your site has perl5 documentation in info format, you can use commands
C-h f and C-c C-h F to access it.

I remember seeing it in the old interface of www.perl.com where in the
documentation section there are several format one can download including
info or TextInfo... i cannot claim that i recalled this correctly or i was
fuddled by the cperl reference, but anyway where can i get them?

 Xah

 http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 perl docs in info format?

Quote:

> > I dont recall there ever being any info format documentation
> I remember seeing it in the old interface of www.perl.com where in the
> documentation section there are several format one can download including
> info or TextInfo... i cannot claim that i recalled this correctly or i was
> fuddled by the cperl reference, but anyway where can i get them?

Hi,
    In $CPAN/doc/manual/texinfo/, there's links to perl5 info files
(5.004_04), as well as a pod2texi converter.

best regards,
randy kobes

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: New set of Perl docs in info format

2. Perl 5.004 pod docs in texinfo and info format

3. Perl manual (Emacs info-mode format?, NG format)

4. Docs/Info/... about perl/Tk

5. Perl docs in Win .HLP format?

6. Ev info & docs

7. wanted - perl manual in "info" format

8. Perl manual in info format?

9. Emacs info format Perl manual

10. ANN: ActiveState Build 518 Docs in HTMLHelp format

11. python doc available in emacs info format?

12. Help sending a form info in HTML format