scrolling list question (newbie)
Author Message
 scrolling list question (newbie)

I would like a scrolling_list to get the -value from the contents of
an external file.  That is: I would like to create an help desk
application that gets the technicians name from another file.

I don't think that this example works:
print scrolling_list(
                -NAME => "tech",
                -VALUE => [qw(`cat $Eng_file`)],

                -SIZE => 3,
                -MULTIPLE => 0,

assuming that I have everything else correct,  can someone give me
advice?   Thanks

Jeff Schneider
Sr. Applications Analyst
Siena Heights University

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 scrolling list question (newbie)

in <URL::">
()
() I don't think that this example works:
() print scrolling_list(
()              -NAME => "tech",
()              -VALUE => [qw(`cat $Eng_file`)],
()
()              -SIZE => 3,
()              -MULTIPLE => 0,
()
() assuming that I have everything else correct,  can someone give me
() advice?   Thanks

How about looking up what qw() means?

Abigail

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. cgi.pm scrolling list question

2. question: perl syntax, lists, hashes, contexts, and one confused newbie

3. Newbie question on system(LIST)

4. Relative Newbie Question: Multiple Form Inputs Into a List Array

5. Newbie question: Sorting a list-of-hashes

6. newbie question: check if a number is in a list

7. A newbie's question about list

8. ANOTHER NEWBIE QUESTION : string representation in for loop lists

9. Newbie questions on list assignment

10. CGI.pm: scrolling list w/o quoting

11. Scrolling Lists using CGI.pm

12. CGI.pm and scrolling lists?