Please Help: My script runs on win32, it won't run on Unix
Author Message
 Please Help: My script runs on win32, it won't run on Unix

Hi,
I have written a perl script based on a tutorial
which I downloaded, in this tutorial, the author
suggested i use win32 (Activeperl) to debug my
perl scripts. The script runs without any glitches
on a windows-based system. When I try it on a unix
server, it just returns an error message - I do
not have access to the log files, so i can't get
any more information than that.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it won't run,
or is there any Url where i can see the
differences(or how to modify a script for unix)?

Thanx

Warren

Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: My script runs on win32, it won't run on Unix
What is the error message?

Does the script start with something like #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w ?

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have written a perl script based on a tutorial
> which I downloaded, in this tutorial, the author
> suggested i use win32 (Activeperl) to debug my
> perl scripts. The script runs without any glitches
> on a windows-based system. When I try it on a unix
> server, it just returns an error message - I do
> not have access to the log files, so i can't get
> any more information than that.

> Does anyone have any ideas as to why it won't run,
> or is there any Url where i can see the
> differences(or how to modify a script for unix)?

> Thanx

> Warren

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: My script runs on win32, it won't run on Unix
What is the error message?

Does the script start with something like #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w ?

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have written a perl script based on a tutorial
> which I downloaded, in this tutorial, the author
> suggested i use win32 (Activeperl) to debug my
> perl scripts. The script runs without any glitches
> on a windows-based system. When I try it on a unix
> server, it just returns an error message - I do
> not have access to the log files, so i can't get
> any more information than that.

> Does anyone have any ideas as to why it won't run,
> or is there any Url where i can see the
> differences(or how to modify a script for unix)?

> Thanx

> Warren

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please Help:My script runs on win32, it won't run on Unix

2. My script runs on win32, it won't run on Unix

3. HELP: Finger script won't run on NT Perl 5.001

4. Please help, my WIN32::API script cant run after upgrading ActivePerl5.22 to 6.23

5. IPC::Run won't run ...

6. Please help, my WIN32::API script cant run after upgrading ActivePerl5.22 to 6.23

7. can't run CGI scripts in Apache...help please

8. script won't run...displays script text

9. can't run CGI scripts...help please

10. perl 4 script that won't run under perl 5

11. why won't this short script run?