Text::Wrap mod needed for HTML
Author Message
 Text::Wrap mod needed for HTML

I am still nearly new to perl and having a slight problem.  One of my
scripts accepts a text area form from an HTML page.  When the page is
processed and then redisplayed later on, I use the Text::Wrap function
to display the text area data since IE does not insert line feeds.

My problem is that if people put in HTML commands such as bold facing or
underlining it throws off the Text::Wrap module.  <B></B>, 7 Characters
there that get counted but not displayed and causes the line to end
prematurely.

Been trying to figure out how to modify Text::Wrap to watch for html
commands, basically don't count any thing with < and > around it.  I'm
guessing the reg expression is something like  /<[^>]*/ just don't know
what to do with it.

Could someone perhaps post necessary mods to Text::Wrap that I could
apply?  Would be highly appreciative.

--
...  Derek W Romeyn..................LinuX, it's not just for breakfast
...  NCI Information Systems, Inc..............anymore.   Ask for it by

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wrapping HTML with Text::Wrap?

2. Text Wrapping without Text::Wrap

3. Need help changing wrapped line to non-wrapped.

4. RFD: Text::FormWrap, a Text::Wrap replacement

5. Thoughts on Text::Wrap, and perhaps a Text::Justify

6. wrapping text around objects in Text widget

7. something like Text::Wrap::wrap() that's HTML aware?

8. html to text script needed

9. HTML to text script needed

10. Need help substituting text except when in an HTML anchor

11. Need help with extracting and comparing HTML text.

12. Text wrapping