Accessing DLLs from Perl?
Author Message
 Accessing DLLs from Perl?

Hello,

I would like to use home grown DLLs, eg written in VC++ or VB,
together with ActiveState Perl on NT4. It would be nice if anyone
could make a comment if this is possible, or what has to be done
to make it happen. If someone could probably also explain what
the difference between OLE and DLL is, I'm very interested in
hearing this.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Toni Mueller.

--------                                        NIC: TM2155

v: +49 2261 979364 f: +49 2261 979366           http://www.*-*-*.com/
Unix, networking, administration, consulting, programming, Internet services

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Accessing DLLs from Perl?

Quote:
> I would like to use home grown DLLs, eg written in VC++ or VB,
> together with ActiveState Perl on NT4. It would be nice if anyone
> could make a comment if this is possible, or what has to be done
> to make it happen.

yes, use the Win32::API module and read it's documentation

Quote:
> If someone could probably also explain what
> the difference between OLE and DLL is, I'm very interested in
> hearing this.

hmmm... perhaps you should read ActivePerl-Winfaq12.html - Using OLE with
Perl

gru?
thoren
8#X

Southern Division Classic Bikes - www.southern-division.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing DLL from Perl

2. Win32 DLL access from Perl

3. Access Win16 DLLs from Perl?

4. Access to a DLL with PERL ??

5. Access Win32 DLLs from Perl?

6. Access to a DLL with PERL ??

7. Perl, IIS and network access under perlis.dll

8. How to access an Windows NT dll?

9. Win16 DLL access (on NT) Help!!!

10. access to win16 DLL via win32?

11. Accessing a Win32 DLL's global variables?

12. XS DLL name clashes with DLL that needs to load (Win32)