Getting file from URL with Perl/CGI
Author Message
 Getting file from URL with Perl/CGI

Can someone please give an advice (or pointer)
to how to get remote file from some URL site
with the help of Perl/CGI. I mean open socket, etc.

        Thanks, Andrei

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Getting file from URL with Perl/CGI
On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:30:35 -0500 Andrei Pushkarev

Quote:
> Can someone please give an advice (or pointer)
> to how to get remote file from some URL site
> with the help of Perl/CGI. I mean open socket, etc.

perldoc perlfaq9
  How do I fetch an HTML file?

--

pls note the one line sig, not counting this one.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Getting file from URL with Perl/CGI

Quote:
> Can someone please give an advice (or pointer)
> to how to get remote file from some URL site
> with the help of Perl/CGI. I mean open socket, etc.

You mean with Perl I guess - there is no such thing as Perl/CGI despite
the fact that you see that term splattered about the crappy Webmaster
resource and skript kiddies sites all over the web :

   Perl != CGI

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe
http://www.gellyfish.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Getting file from URL with Perl/CGI
On 23 Feb 2000 11:41:15 -0000, Jonathan Stowe

Quote:

>   Perl != CGI

tr/!=/ne/;  # :-)

dha

--

This is Pop - XTC

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Getting file from URL with Perl/CGI

Quote:

> > Can someone please give an advice (or pointer)
> > to how to get remote file from some URL site
> > with the help of Perl/CGI. I mean open socket, etc.

> You mean with Perl I guess - there is no such thing as Perl/CGI despite
> the fact that you see that term splattered about the crappy Webmaster
> resource and skript kiddies sites all over the web :

>    Perl != CGI

Thank you. What I mean is, in fact, "Perl or CGI".

Bill Moseley advised LWP which worked fine for me.

                    Andrei

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Getting file from URL with Perl/CGI
use LWP::Simple module if programming with Perl.
and know what's perl and what's CGI.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. getting ?name=value data from a URL through CGI.pm

2. Getting a perl CGI script to write to a file on another server

3. CGI-Generated File: Really Need to Kill the URL Encoding, Fast

4. Getting always corrupt files while uploading (cgi)

5. getting the results from a remote cgi script to a text file

6. getting URL when using LWP::

7. Getting Subdomain From URL

8. getting full URL from relative links

9. Getting a URL Page

10. Getting the Current URL of a Web Page in IE5 and NN4.75

11. Problems with GetHostByName and getting URL addresses

12. getting a web page from secure URL