s2p twisted
Author Message
 s2p twisted

In perl 5.6.0 we could do
$ echo s/a/b/|s2p
to learn how to do a sed thing in perl.
Now in 5.7.2 the above doesn't work, and we must instead do
$ s2p -e s/a/b/
which makes wads of code, with what we were trying to learn obfuscated
at the bottom.
--
http://www.*-*-*.com/ (04)25854780

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 06:51:03 GMT
 s2p twisted

Quote:
>In perl 5.6.0 we could do
>$ echo s/a/b/|s2p
>to learn how to do a sed thing in perl.
>Now in 5.7.2 the above doesn't work, and we must instead do
>$ s2p -e s/a/b/
>which makes wads of code, with what we were trying to learn obfuscated
>at the bottom.

I've forwarded your complaint to the Perl development mailing list and
also to the author of the new version of s2p.

However, it seems that the easy solution to your problem is simply to
keep the old s2p and throw away the new one.

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:19:28 GMT

1. Because twisted minds think twisted things...

2. How about a little twist on the shredding?

3. char to number conversion w/ a twist

4. search with a twist

5. Sourcing with a twist of Parsing ?

6. Random Numbers with a Twist

7. A problematic twist with =~ and regex

8. Counter with an NT twist

9. Alphabetizing with a twist

10. Q: MS-DOS versions of a2p, s2p?

11. sed/awk to perl - s2p and a2p