NT Share???
Author Message
 NT Share???

Howdy,

I have an NT 4.0 FTP Server, and SAMBA has been installed on a UNIX platform
to move incoming files from NT to UNIX. The problem I have is that in order
to share a drive, I need to establish an NT login session. Although I know
there is an autologin utility in the NT resource kit that can handle
something
like this, I do not want to leave a login session established on my FTP
server.

Is there any way to setup an NT share in the background - possibly with
Win32::NetResource::AddConnection?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,000+ groups

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:05:06 GMT
 NT Share???

Quote:

>Howdy,

>I have an NT 4.0 FTP Server, and SAMBA has been installed on a UNIX platform
>to move incoming files from NT to UNIX. The problem I have is that in order
>to share a drive, I need to establish an NT login session.

Samba has several command line tools that allow unix side scripting
of transfers between to and from a CIFS server.  I'd be more inclined
to go that route than to do the mount the CIFS and use file operations.
--
    This space intentionally left blank

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 03:28:20 GMT

1. Extracting a list of NT shared printers

2. NT Share???

3. NT Share???

4. Accessing NT shares from UNIX

5. Who is using my NT shared resources?

6. Problem with shared drive on NT

7. How to obtain information about shares Win NT

8. any NT admin scripts to share

9. NT 4.0 shares

10. shared libperl.so from dlopen'd shared lib

11. Tie & Shared Memory (creating shared perl vars)

12. Creating a file share on Win32 and setting NTFS and Share Permissions