CGI file upload perl script on NT4 running IIS4 temp file creation question
Author Message
 CGI file upload perl script on NT4 running IIS4 temp file creation question

BACKGROUND:
I borrowed/developed code for a file upload CGI script in Perl for
NT4 also making use of the CGI.pm module. The script works just fine - it
uploads both text and binary files, except when it uploads a binary file it
(presumably perl) creates a duplicate of the file with a name like
CGItemp210001 in a temp folder on the current volume (if no temp folder is
available it creates it in the cgi-bin folder where the script was executed
from).

SCRIPT:
open(OUTFILE,">$saveUploadedFileHere");
binmode(OUTFILE);
while ($bytesread = read($uploadedFile,$buffer,1024)) {
    print OUTFILE $buffer;

Quote:
}

close(OUTFILE);

QUESTION: I have surmised that the problem Perl but since
viewers here might develop for both NT and unix platforms, I was hoping
someone else might have experienced this problem and might know of a way to
circumvent the creation of the temp file when executing a similar script.
Any help/hints would be greatly appreciated.

--

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. CGI.pm TEMP files not deleted on NT after file upload

2. File Upload Temp file not deleted

3. File Upload, deleting temp files

4. CGI.pm Bug: file upload file size mismatch when file size is close to buffer size

5. CGI.pm - questions on file creation

6. Include libs from current CGI path NT4 IIS4??

7. Pertl NT4 IIS file upload

8. perl cgi.pm under IIS4 / writing to files

9. CGI.pm file upload question

10. CGI: Upload file and a non file field?

11. CGI.pm file upload question

12. File upload CGI script (Netscape 2.0)?