SEMI-URGENT: How to connect to MS-SQL from Perl on Linux?
Author Message
 SEMI-URGENT: How to connect to MS-SQL from Perl on Linux?

Hi!
I need to connect to a MSSQL server from my linux box.  I've tried to use
DBI and DBD::ODBC and the iodbc driver, but it doesn't do anything.  I also
don't have any idea how to set up a .odbc.ini.

Any help would be appriciated!

--
Brian Wheeler

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SEMI-URGENT: How to connect to MS-SQL from Perl on Linux?

Quote:

>Hi!
>I need to connect to a MSSQL server from my linux box.  I've tried to use
>DBI and DBD::ODBC and the iodbc driver, but it doesn't do anything.  I also
>don't have any idea how to set up a .odbc.ini.

>Any help would be appriciated!

If you have web access, you might want to check out an article I did
on this for the Linux Gazette. It explains how to build Sybperl on
Linux and includes examples that work with Sybase and MS SQL Server.
You can find it at:

   http://www.ssc.com/lg/issue18/sybase.html

Hope this helps,

--

   "He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star."
                       - William Blake, Proverbs of Hell

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SEMI-URGENT: How to connect to MS-SQL from Perl on Linux?

Quote:

>>I need to connect to a MSSQL server from my linux box.  I've tried to use
>If you have web access, you might want to check out an article I did
>on this for the Linux Gazette. It explains how to build Sybperl on
>Linux and includes examples that work with Sybase and MS SQL Server.

The method described above may work great for Linux, but does anyone
know of a way to access MS-SQL from a non-Linux platform?

Thanks for any help,

Justin Burke

Mon, 17 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SEMI-URGENT: How to connect to MS-SQL from Perl on Linux?

2. Perl on Linux and MS SQL 7.0

3. MS SQL on NT and Perl on Linux

4. From Linux/perl to MS SQL

5. Need module to connect to MS SQL Server 6.5

6. Help:Connect to MS SQL Server! Via DBI

7. Connecting to a remote MS SQL server

8. Can't Use Win32::ODBC to Connect to MS SQL

9. Best way to connect to MS SQL Server

10. Connecting to MS Access DB on NT from Linux/Apache

11. from linux to WinNT4 Ms Sql

12. MS SQL Server from Linux using DBI::Proxy