Killing a pipe-opened command in Win32?
Author Message
 Killing a pipe-opened command in Win32?

If I do something like:

    open(PROG, "prog |");

How can I later kill this process?  Closing it still waits for the process
to finish, so it seems I need to kill it by PID.  Open seems to be returning
simply 1.  Is there a way to get prog's PID so I can kill it -- or is there
a better way in general?

Brian.

Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl core dump with open pipe, and no kill/close

2. piping command output to open()

3. Opening a pipe to a command

4. open a piped command including stderr

5. open COMMAND with a pipe

6. open command that pipes both in and out

7. unix command displayed when using PIPES with open.

8. about pipe command in win32

9. Command Pipes in Perl Win32

10. win32 - piping from a command

11. Piping in stderr when creating a pipe with the open call

12. PERLFUNC: open - open a file, pipe, or descriptor