GNUS and cperl-mode conflict?
Author Message
 GNUS and cperl-mode conflict?

Quote:
>   Wrong type argument: buffer-or-string-p, t

> The last line, of course, being the clincher.

> Is this a known problem?

Nope.

Quote:
> How can I diagnose/fix it?

`(setq debug-on-error t)', repeat the bug and mail me the resulting
backtrace.

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

Jeremy D Zawodny writes:
> Is this a known problem? How can I diagnose/fix it? My gut feeling
> is that cperl-mode is somehow responsible, but that's just
> speculation on my part.

Hi,

set debug-on-error to 't' and try to decipher the backtrace of the
error. Send it either to the gnus or the c-perl bug-fixing boys and
girls :-)

Cheers, norbert.

--
Norbert Koch, DELTA Industrie Informatik GmbH, Fellbach, Germany.
YOW: ...I think I'm having an overnight sensation right now!!

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 GNUS and cperl-mode conflict?

[A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to Jeremy D. Zawodny

Quote:
> This is an odd one I've stumbled upon. I'm using

>   Emacs 20.2 on RadHat Linux 4.2
>   Ilya's cperl-mode 3.6
>   GNUS 5.6.23.
[...]
>   Wrong type argument: buffer-or-string-p, t

> The last line, of course, being the clincher.

> Is this a known problem? How can I diagnose/fix it? My gut feeling is
> that cperl-mode is somehow responsible, but that's just speculation on
> my part.

Yes, it is a known problem, it should be documented in CPerl online
docs, and the patches to Emacs C code are available at CPerl
directories, say, on

  ftp://ftp.math.ohio-state.edu/pub/users/ilya/perl

Feel free to apply all the 20.2-patches there (but the latest one is
an optimization only).

Ilya

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Enhanced cperl-mode.el (Perl editing mode for Emacs)

2. cperl-mode: Another perl mode for Gnuemacs

3. cperl-mode.el version for emacs21.1.1

4. cperl-mode in Emacs

5. xemacs and cperl-mode

6. Where can I find cperl-mode.el

7. cperl-mode.el troubles on XEmacs.

8. Anyone else have cperl-mode problems?

9. cperl-mode.el 1.8 available

10. Emacs cperl-mode.el vs font-lock/lazy-lock

11. Newer cperl-mode.el

12. Cperl-mode.el version 1.4