Perl sockets with suid C wrapper
Author Message
 Perl sockets with suid C wrapper

I'm trying to get two perl scripts to talk back and forth to one
another.  Using ports over 10000 I can have a normal user open up a
socket and send some text, no problem.  Now, if I put the same script
inside of a suid C wrapper, it can create the socket, but fails to print
to it due to a Broken Pipe.

I'd appreciate if you write me directly if you know how to fix this

Thanks,
Mike

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:49:45 GMT
 Perl sockets with suid C wrapper

Quote:

> I'm trying to get two perl scripts to talk back and forth to one
> another.  Using ports over 10000 I can have a normal user open up a
> socket and send some text, no problem.  Now, if I put the same script
> inside of a suid C wrapper, it can create the socket, but fails to print
> to it due to a Broken Pipe.

SIGPIPE normally means the socket hasn't been opened.

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:15:31 GMT

1. Run perl script as suid - C wrapper as work-around

2. SUID root perl script and wrapper : works with perl5 not with perl4

3. suid mount wrapper

4. Problem with an suid wrapper

5. Still trying to figure out suid, tait, wrappers?!

6. Wrapper for constructing a privileged socket

7. Hot novel by CS professor, includes perl code

8. suid script calling another suid script

9. Australian FTP site for perl4.0 - escher.gallery.cs.unsw.oz.au

10. Soliciting views on PLs in CS education

11. how to be a CS major

12. Perl/C wrapper