Mail::Send Headers
Author Message
 Mail::Send Headers

How does one set the From and Reply To fields in Mail::Send? It
sees to default to the server default account, which isn't what
we're looking for. I've tried using ->add for the headers, but
that didn't seem to do it.

CT

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Mail::Send Headers

Quote:
> How does one set the From and Reply To fields in Mail::Send? It
> sees to default to the server default account, which isn't what
> we're looking for. I've tried using ->add for the headers, but
> that didn't seem to do it.

You should be able to add a 'From' header in the new method (just like it
shows in the manpage for 'To') or you can use 'set' or 'add' methods - you
do need to do these before the open() though ...

/J\
--

<http://www.gellyfish.com>
** Uri Guttman - Have You CPANed Backward.pm Yet ? **

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Mail::Send Headers
Thanks for the reply. I didn't mean for this post to get
duplicated like this, but the 'clone' has taken a different path
so I guess it's ok, but just this once ;).

I swear I tried this six ways to Sunday and it just kept
defaulting to the webserver account default mail handler for the
domain. Tried both methods New and Add that you mentioned.. but
not set (yet). Per another poster's suggestion I tried
Mail::Mailer which couldn't find Net::* and that just got too
hairy to deal with.

What I find baffling is Mail::Send blissfully sends mail with no
missing Net::* message even though it requires Mail::Mailer.
Follow that? I would think it would bomb as well. But it works...
just without our added Headers.

Anyway. I'll give it a few more shots. I have some faith now. I
had deleted all the old code in favor of a hacky direct sendmail
solution cause I'm under the gun but I'd much rather go back to
the site and stick something I trust on the machine. I'll post my
nearest miss here tomorrow to see if something kicks loose.

Thanks again,

CT

Quote:
> You should be able to add a 'From' header in the new method
(just like it
> shows in the manpage for 'To') or you can use 'set' or 'add'
methods - you
> do need to do these before the open() though ...
> > How does one set the From and Reply To fields in Mail::Send?
> > I've tried using ->add for the headers, but that didn't seem

to do it.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Mail::Send header tags?

2. Mail::Send module and Reply-To header

3. subject header problem when sending mail (Net:smtp and sendmail)

4. Mail::Send not setting From header

5. Mail::Send and the from header

6. Mail::Send not setting From header

7. Script sends mail, only get header!!

8. Mail::Send module and Reply-To header

9. Sending mail under Cygwin using Mail::Send perl module

10. Using Mail::Header and Mail::Internet

11. Mail Tools, Mail::header scalar array help

12. Mail Headers being set through Mail library