 simple, simple question

How to load a website in cgi script

Jason

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 02:12:45 GMT
 simple, simple question

Quote:

> Subject: simple, simple question

We read this as "I am selfish and lazy - please flame me".

Be aware that some people are not too arrogant/selfish/lazy to look at
the newsgroup to see if the question they are about to ask has already
been asked.  They do this using a Usnet search engine and are
presented with a list of condidate threads.  The threads are
represented by their subject lines.  If previous people to ask the
question have used sensible subject lines then they stand a chance of
finding the answer.  If previous people to ask the same question have
been too arrogant/selfish/lazy to think about their subject line then
they fail.

Quote:
> How to load a website in cgi script

Do you perhps mean "fetch a document from a website in a Perl script"?

LWP

--
     \\   ( )
  .  _\\__[oo

 .  l___\\
  # ll  l\\
 ###LL  LL\\

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 03:01:11 GMT
 simple, simple question
ok...

my script edited a webpage
i just wanna find a Perl function like
load(url)

so as to bring up that updated page directly, instead of making another
hyperlink

Quote:

> > Subject: simple, simple question

> We read this as "I am selfish and lazy - please flame me".

> Be aware that some people are not too arrogant/selfish/lazy to look at
> the newsgroup to see if the question they are about to ask has already
> been asked.  They do this using a Usnet search engine and are
> presented with a list of condidate threads.  The threads are
> represented by their subject lines.  If previous people to ask the
> question have used sensible subject lines then they stand a chance of
> finding the answer.  If previous people to ask the same question have
> been too arrogant/selfish/lazy to think about their subject line then
> they fail.

> > How to load a website in cgi script

> Do you perhps mean "fetch a document from a website in a Perl script"?

> LWP

> --
>      \\   ( )
>   .  _\\__[oo

>  .  l___\\
>   # ll  l\\
>  ###LL  LL\\

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:00:55 GMT
 simple, simple question
Please have regard to these points: [

        - When you reply to a post, do so AFTER the text you are quoting.
        - Choose an APPROPRIATE subject line.
        - Try to explain PRECISELY what it is you are trying to do.
        - Try to work it out for yourself first, and give some indication
          that you have done this.
        - Don't quote .sigs
]

[Jeopardy response fixed]

Thus spake Jason Wong on Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:00:55 -0500:

Quote:

>> > Subject: simple, simple question

>> We read this as "I am selfish and lazy - please flame me".

[snip reason why this is the case]

Quote:

>> > How to load a website in cgi script

>> Do you perhps mean "fetch a document from a website in a Perl script"?

>> LWP

>ok...

>my script edited a webpage
>i just wanna find a Perl function like
>load(url)

>so as to bring up that updated page directly, instead of making another
>hyperlink

OK -- what you mean is something like this: You have a CGI program written
in Perl which has generated HTML, in which you wish to include another web
page, not as a reference, but as part of the generated page.

You have probably already investigated the HTML options for this?
Framesets? This side of the question is not related to Perl.

You have also probably already read some of the Perl documentation related
to CGI programming, such as the manual for the CGI module? You have
searched the documentation that is installed along with Perl on your
computer? What you will have surmised from this is that you need to a)
fetch the HTML document from the other web server, and b) include this HTML
in the HTML you pass to your web server via CGI.

In that case, nobull has already answered your question. You should look at
the documentation for the LWP module, which is in the standard
distribution. Go to a command prompt and type 'perldoc LWP'.

Cheers,
Damian
--
#requires 5.6.0 ## my first attempt at one of these...
$;=ord$%,$:=$;-ord q,.,,$_=q,3346:3366:3276:3326:3386:546:566:966:3396:3376:,.

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:28:55 GMT

1. Simple simple question

2. XS - Simple answer to simple question?

3. Simple Question from a simple chap!

4. Simple Question - LWP::Simple not accessing the internet

5. Simple Unix Question, ( Simple for you maybe )

6. Simple TCP client using io::socket::inet not so simple

7. A simple problem befuddling my simple head

8. simple, simple regex Q

9. Help with simple simple perl script...

10. Graphics::Simple 0.03 - C-64-like simple drawing

11. simple, simple LABEL Q

12. simple reference question