help with simple registration CGI script
Author Message
 help with simple registration CGI script

Hi all perlers:-)

My teacher gave me an assignment. And I really need help. Please help. I
want a simple CGI registration script
It should have one text field for name, one for email, one for password
and one more for re-enter password. Also the SQL commands that save that
information in Oracle database. Information on all registered members
are kept in Oracle database NOT in Unix file.
Thanks in advance
muhudin-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 help with simple registration CGI script
Quote:

> Hi all perlers:-)
> My teacher gave me an assignment. And I really need help. Please
> help. I
> want a simple CGI registration script
> It should have one text field for name, one for email, one for
> password
> and one more for re-enter password. Also the SQL commands that
> save that
> information in Oracle database. Information on all registered
> members
> are kept in Oracle database NOT in Unix file.
> Thanks in advance
> muhudin-

My rate is $100 per hour - I reckon 4 hours should do it. Is your
homework work worth $400 for someone else to do it for you?

If you have specific problems, its reasonable to post a question. If
you haven't a clue, you can:-
a) do some research - read a book (yes, really!), do some web searches
b) (probably better) talk to your teacher and explain that you need
some more help before you're ready for the assignment.

[Aside: Good God! Yes it is always like this....]

Mark Bluemel

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 help with simple registration CGI script

Quote:

>My teacher gave me an assignment. And I really need help. Please help. I
>want a simple CGI registration script

First, learn about CGI.  If you don't understand the Web, read
http://www.*-*-*.com/ , which should probably take about six
hours.  Then take a look at http://www.*-*-*.com/
CGI itself, which is very short and sweet and should take you minutes.

Then ignore all of what you have just learned about decoding form data
and read the docs for CGI.pm.  If you have Perl installed, you can type
perldoc CGI, and you can probably generate decent printed output of the
CGI.pm documentation via some sequence of commands depending on what
you have installed on your system.  (I.e. if you have LaTeX, pod2latex
followed by{*filter*}and dvips is probably best, and if you have groff or
troff but not LaTeX, pod2man followed by groff -Tps -mandoc is probably
best, and if you have neither, you can probably print
http://www.*-*-*.com/
from your web browser.)

Then when you have problems with your CGI scripts -- and probably even
if you don't -- you should read the Perl CGI programming FAQ at
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Idiot's Guide to Solving Perl/CGI Problems at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ (also
available from other CPAN sites, such as
ftp://ftp.epix.net/pub/languages/perl/doc/FAQs/cgi/idiots-guide.html.)

Quote:
>It should have one text field for name, one for email, one for password
>and one more for re-enter password.

You will probably know how to do this after you have devoured the above
resources.

Quote:
> Also the SQL commands that save that
>information in Oracle database.

I recommend Philip Greenspun's _SQL for Web Nerds_, at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;There is some duplication between this and his
guide to web publishing, but if you can learn stuff like this by
reading it only once, you're smarter than I am.

Oh, and you should probably use the DBI and DBD::* (DBD::Oracle I think in
your case) modules to interface your script with Oracle.  (You can also
write the SQL statements to a temp file and spawn off an SQL
interpreter with that file as input.)

Quote:
> Information on all registered members
>are kept in Oracle database NOT in Unix file.

Good idea.

From looking at the above, can you see why it is not possible to give a
full answer to your question on the newsgroup?
--

Tue Nov 02 1999
6 days until the Internet stock bubble bursts on Monday, 1999-11-08.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 help with simple registration CGI script

Schooner Technology Consulting generally charges $125 an hour for Perl
scripting services. If you have a complete program specification and we
can agree on a SOW then I can help you.

Without fully studying the problem I would say that 3 to 6 hours of labor
would cover it.  If you want ongoing support afterwards we would have to
negotiate.

Can you afford to spend $750 on my services to get your class assignment
done??

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Linux renders ships                     http://www.berghold.net
 NT renders ships useless...."           ICQ# 11455958

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Member Registration/Login CGI Script Help

2. Help needed with CGI script (a very simple problem)

3. Need a Simple but Unique CGI script - please help

4. Help me with a simple cgi/perl script

5. Help with simple simple perl script...

6. Registration Script

7. user registration script

8. Perl Script for Web Registration?

9. Perl Script for WWW Registration