Troubles with a Canned script
Author Message
 Troubles with a Canned script

Im hoping someone here can help me. I am a new user to the world of
PERLl/CGI and have been using some of the scripts off of the various
resources on the net to aid in my learning. Currently I am trying to
configure a meesageboard that I downloaded from Matt's Script Archive.
It is his WWWBOARD messageboard. I thought I had it correctly set.
When I try to run it I type in the name,subject,e-mail etc into the
fields and then hit the enter a post button. It thens gives me an
error message stationg that I had not entered a name. OK I re-enter
the name. It then gives me the following error:

The requested URL /~celticbard/cgi-bin/cgi-bin/wwwboard.cgi was not
found on this server.

Its frustrating to say the least! Here's how I configured the script:

$basedir = "/usr/home/celticbard/public_html/board/";
$baseurl = "~celticbard/board/";
$cgi_url = "cgi-bin/wwwboard.cgi";

$mesgdir = "messages";
$datafile = "data.txt";
$mesgfile = "test.htm";
$faqfile = "faq.htm";

$ext = "htm";

$title = "test";

I know im doing something stupid yet am at a loss as to what! I wrote
Matt about it but have gotten no reply. If there is anyone out here
who can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILER(S): Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5,
Subchapter II, 227, any and all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to
this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount
of $500 US.

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Troubles with a Canned script

Quote:

>It then gives me the following error:

>The requested URL /~celticbard/cgi-bin/cgi-bin/wwwboard.cgi was not
>found on this server.

This  "/cgi-bin/cgi-bin" is the clue, I think.

Quote:

>$basedir = "/usr/home/celticbard/public_html/board/";
>$baseurl = "~celticbard/board/";
>$cgi_url = "cgi-bin/wwwboard.cgi";

             ^
             Try inserting a slash here.

Note however, that this was not really a Perl question, and that scripts from
Matt's Script Archive are known to have some problems (see DejaNews for
details).

HTH,
Richard.
--

    "All along this path I tread  /  My heart betrays my weary head
     With nothing but my love to save / From the cradle to the grave"

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. question about canned perl script

2. canned reply script

3. parsing canned response

4. canned reply??

5. canned replies

6. Trouble with script

7. Having trouble with multi uploading script...

8. trouble with "Hello, World!" script

9. Beginner's Perl question - trouble with a very simple search/pattern matching script

10. having trouble with short script

11. Trouble with where clause in CGI DBD:CSV script

12. help! trouble with a perl mail script