Debug .pl Syntax of command line args ?
Author Message
 Debug .pl Syntax of command line args ?

I'm trying to run  formmail.pl  thru the de{*filter*}, and send the arg's
on the Command Line.  The script does not use CGI module, so there
would be no prompt for Arg in the de{*filter*}.

[shell-2] /home/my_name/public_html/cgi-bin % perl -d

perl: No match.

[shell-1] /home/my_name/public_html/cgi-bin % perl -d

Can't open perl script

such file or directory

What am I doing wrong here ?
Another option, I had considered is setting Env Vars:
REQUEST_METHOD, QUERY_STRING
Would Query_string need to be encoded ?

TIA - for your suggestions.

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:33:07 GMT
 Debug .pl Syntax of command line args ?
[posted & mailed]

On Jul 8, Robert Kattke said:

Quote:
>I'm trying to run  formmail.pl  thru the de{*filter*}, and send the arg's
>on the Command Line.  The script does not use CGI module, so there
>would be no prompt for Arg in the de{*filter*}.

Since it doesn't use the CGI module, it's probably looking for you to have
set the $ENV{REQUEST_METHOD} variable.

  japhy% setenv REQUEST_METHOD POST
  japhy% perl formmail.pl
  [send content on STDIN]
  ^D

or else

  japhy% setenv REQUEST_METHOD GET
  japhy% setenv QUERY_STRING 'recipient=...'
  japhy% perl formmail.pl

Quote:
>Would Query_string need to be encoded ?

Yes, it should.

--

RPI Acacia brother #734   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; http://www.*-*-*.com/
<stu> what does y/// stand for?  <tenderpuss> why, yansliterate of course.

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:43:39 GMT
 Debug .pl Syntax of command line args ?

Quote:
> I'm trying to run  formmail.pl  thru the de{*filter*}, and send the arg's
> on the Command Line.  The script does not use CGI module, so there
> would be no prompt for Arg in the de{*filter*}.

Hold it right there.  You are not using the safe version of formmail.pl

Get thee to http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:22:02 GMT

1. Hiding command-line args?

2. command-line args style flags from a file

3. Case-insensitive Command Line Args

4. command line args not working correctly

5. HELP: How to program command line args

6. perl command line args

7. Passing Args to script via web and command line

8. perl command line args

9. Command line args..?

10. Command line args

11. Question: Perl for Windows command line args?

12. Getting command line args