can't run a java App with my perl script using apache
Author Message
 can't run a java App with my perl script using apache

I run a java application in my perl code using :
system("java","ConsultServer");
perl code alone run fine but when I put it in the cgi-bin of an apache
Win 98 server.It don't work.

consultserver.java is a prog that generates a result.txt from query.txt.
When run through a APACHE Win32 server in the cgi-bin directory
result.txt become a blank file of 0 kb.

but it works fine when I run it from the windows shell
../cgi-bin/perl myprog.cgi

any idea ??

Thanx

nicolas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 can't run a java App with my perl script using apache

Quote:
> perl code alone run fine but when I put it in the cgi-bin of an apache
> Win 98 server.It don't work.

When you're having trouble with a CGI program in Perl, you should first
look at the please-don't-be-offended-by-the-name Idiot's Guide to solving
such problems. It's available on CPAN.

   http://www.perl.com/CPAN/
   http://www.perl.org/CPAN/
   http://www.perl.org/CPAN/doc/FAQs/cgi/idiots-guide.html
   http://www.perl.org/CPAN/doc/manual/html/pod/

Hope this helps!

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 can't run a java App with my perl script using apache
On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:10:53 GMT,

Quote:

> I run a java application in my perl code using :
> system("java","ConsultServer");
> perl code alone run fine but when I put it in the cgi-bin of an apache
> Win 98 server.It don't work.

Then try to check the apache log server.
If it says something about perl, you
may comeback here.

HTH,

--
-hasan-
uhm, no more sig(h)

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. perl cgi generated html with java app dont run

2. Perl CGI scripts won't run without -w switch (under Apache 1.3.x)

3. I'm looking for a intranet/extranet calendar java/perl app

4. Java client to Java client via cgi/perl app

5. Callling Perl script from Java app

6. perl script for calling a java program,running the script through cgi of the web server

7. can't run CGI scripts in Apache...help please

8. Scripts run by Apache can't find Mods

9. Port old GL/C/SGI app to NT app using Perl

10. Perl Net App doesn't play well w/ C Net App

11. question about canned perl script

12. PASSING INFO/ RUNNING JAVA APPLICATION FROM PERL SCRIPT