"die" and waffles
Author Message
 "die" and waffles

hi!  recently, i was writing some code and enjoying some eggo (r)
waffles when my bird asked me, "Does 'die' close file handles cleanly?"
what he meant was :

say some files are open and a decision is made to die, do i need to say

if (dirty bird) {
    close (FILE1);
    close (FILE2);
    die ("the bird was dirty");

Quote:
}

or can i just die and assume that Perl, nice lady that she is, will
close my files for me?

all respondents will have a waffle eaten to their honor!

rolm

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "die" and waffles

: hi!  recently, i was writing some code and enjoying some eggo (r)
: waffles when my bird asked me, "Does 'die' close file handles cleanly?"

Not per se, but, assuming you have a reasonable operating system, you
shouldn't have to concern yourself with close()ing open filehandles
before die()ing.

Greg
--
Windows was created to keep the stoopid people away from Unix, you know.
An "MS advocate" is already beneath contempt.

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. perl 5a2 cannot "die"

2. die "foo\0bar"

3. how to catch and "die"