Special chars
Author Message
 Special chars

Hi,
I have a perl program running as sort of a socket server on a port on my web
server. This program recieves connections from php and then sends that info
out on another socket to a windows program. My problem is that all of the
french special chars don't show up on the windows machines. I know this is a
charset issue.

Many thanks

Sat, 08 May 2004 20:55:29 GMT
 Special chars
I dunno.. maybe Unicode?

Sat, 08 May 2004 23:41:18 GMT
 Special chars

Quote:

> Hi,
> I have a perl program running as sort of a socket server on a port on
> my web server. This program recieves connections from php and then
> sends that info out on another socket to a windows program. My problem
> is that all of the french special chars don't show up on the windows
> machines. I know this is a charset issue.

It's either an encoding or locale issue.

Search on cpan for either of those words, and maybe you'll find
something.

--
Klein bottle for rent - inquire within.

Sun, 16 May 2004 01:31:23 GMT

1. Replacing special chars with special chars

2. Shell special chars in file names?

3. pattern matching with special char

4. escape special chars before loading into MySQL

5. special chars

6. about special chars when split()

7. Text::CSV with Special Chars?

8. perl/sendmail: encoding special chars

9. is there a way to escape special chars

10. Newbie - Escaping special chars in forms

11. split on special chars (++)

12. Dealing with the special chars in the file name