compiling modules on win32
Author Message
 compiling modules on win32

Hi,

I know this has been gone over many times, but I need to compile some
modules on WinNT that are not on ActiveState's site.  What tools do I
need to do this (I have cgywin installed).

Thanks for your help and advice.

Ron Reidy
Oracle DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 compiling modules on win32
I've had the most success with win32 modules using Microsoft's Visual C++
5.0 with
service pack 3 installed. A couple of years ago, it seemed getting "any"
module to
compile with win32 was a "hold your breath and say a prayer" afair. But
lately, I've had
success with everything I've tried. (Visual C++ 6.0 chokes on a couple of
encryption
modules - or so says the readmes). I've haven't tried cygwin's compiler for
win32.
Maybe someday - after I remove the dustballs from under my bed ...

Also, winzip does a great job taking apart ...tar.gz compressed modules.
After that,
all you need is perl 5.6, WinNT 4.0, and LOT of patience. When all else
fails READ THE
DOCUMENTATION!

Cheers,
Brian Kelly

Quote:

> Hi,

> I know this has been gone over many times, but I need to compile some
> modules on WinNT that are not on ActiveState's site.  What tools do I
> need to do this (I have cgywin installed).

> Thanks for your help and advice.

> Ron Reidy
> Oracle DBA

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help in compiling modules for Win32

2. compile modules on win32 (xsubpp broke)

3. win32 module compile then move to another machine?

4. Compile and install CPAN modules on win32

5. compiling module compiles PERL?!?

6. compiling module compiles PERL?!?

7. Broken CPAN Module. IO modules no longer compile

8. Compiling Modules that need other Modules

9. win32 bad (light word for it) compile

10. XS compile probs under win32.

11. Compiling Tk for win32

12. perl Conditional compile - Running Win32 library calls on AIX