perl and ftp
Author Message
 perl and ftp

Hello fellow perlinskis,

I am currently working on setting up a perl script that uses a ftplib.pl to
ftp files to a number of different servers. The problem that I' m running
into has to do with changing the source directory for ftp. I'm trying to use
a 'socksified' directory to launch ftp from. So the question:
Do you know of a way to redirect perl to launch ftp from a special
directory, either by specifying the full path somewhere in the perl script
or by modifying the ftplib.pl to point to the proper directory. Please
include the right perl commands or functions to use.

Thanks in advance,
Sam , (The stuck-in-perl  man)

Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 perl and ftp

Quote:

> Do you know of a way to redirect perl to launch ftp from a special
> directory, either by specifying the full path somewhere in the perl
> script or by modifying the ftplib.pl to point to the proper directory.

Why not use a module that does the FTP directly, rather than running an
external program? Look for Net::FTP on CPAN. Hope this helps!

Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. FTP perl module (FTP.pm)

2. Perl 3 FTP problems

3. perl to FTP ?

4. file size limits of perl Net::ftp

5. Can I get Perl via FTP???

6. Perl Library FTP Site Query

7. Can I get Perl via FTP???

8. Calling Perl Net::FTP from SAP R/3 Abap Program

9. Perl Library FTP Sites Results

10. Perl Net::FTP, IIS and file permissions

11. perl and ftp download

12. Using perl to ftp non interactively