DBD-ODBC connect gives runtime exception
Author Message
 DBD-ODBC connect gives runtime exception

Quote:

>>Last week, the statement below worked perfectly well. This week, I get
>>the not very informative "Error: Runtime exception", with no script
>>changes. I am hosted on an NT 4.0 server. Anybody have any clues?

>In my recent ODBC experience, this may be due to an exception generated within
>the (non-perl) ODBC driver code running on the Windows machine. This exact
>error happens here on occasion while doing an update of local Berkely DB files
>via an ODBC connection to a large Unix database when the database server gets
>backed up on requests and the driver times out. If you find a good way to keep
>the Windows ODBC driver trap from shutting down the Perl process, let me know.
>We could use a fix :/

My website was down for nearly a full week and the web hosting company
could not determine the cause of the problem. This weekend I found
that using a DSN-less connection avoids the problem.

Tom

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DBD-ODBC connect gives runtime exception

Quote:

>>>Last week, the statement below worked perfectly well. This week, I get
>>>the not very informative "Error: Runtime exception", with no script
>>>changes. I am hosted on an NT 4.0 server. Anybody have any clues?

>>In my recent ODBC experience, this may be due to an exception generated within
>>the (non-perl) ODBC driver code running on the Windows machine. This exact
>>error happens here on occasion while doing an update of local Berkely DB files

>could not determine the cause of the problem. This weekend I found
>that using a DSN-less connection avoids the problem.

You mean, as in connecting directly to the file rather than through its DSN
alias?

So, the trap may have been occuring somewhere in the Windows alias-name lookup
or other networking layers. Interesting.

---
The above from: address is spamblocked. Use wherrera (at) lynxview (dot) com for the reply address.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

2. Error : Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

3. DBD:DBI won\t connect to ODBC db when script run from web server

4. UnixODBC - DBD::ODBC not connecting when run from browser

5. Use of DBD:ODBC to connect to MS-SQLServer 6.5 from UNIX

6. MS Access, Linux, DBI, DBD::ODBC, Easysoft's ODBC-ODBC Bridge

7. gdwin32 doesn't appear to work (Runtime Exception)

8. EventLog Gets Runtime Exception Error

9. HELP! Runtime Exception Error

10. runtime exception in activestate perl when using modules

11. Error : Runtime exception with win32Api...

12. Pattern match causing runtime exception