deleting from a file in perl, and rewriting at the same place
Author Message
 deleting from a file in perl, and rewriting at the same place

Quote:
> i was wondering how to delete from a certian line in a file, then
> rewrite to it?

The FAQ tells about this.

Quote:
> how do you use the delet command,

If you mean the delete function, the perlfunc manpage has an explanation.

Quote:
> and how do i set a varibale/array as a a
> certian line number in a text document (database stored here)

I think you want the same FAQ entry as before, about working with text
files line-by-line. It's in section five. Hope this helps!

Randal Schwartz Case:     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 14 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading,Deleting and Rewriting file Data

2. howto place perl scripts and static html files in the same directory with Apache-perl

3. Help reading/rewriting file

4. Changing one variable and rewriting a file with the new variable

5. File altering in-place w/ file locking

6. In place and Out place editting, New feature.

7. perl edit in place file globbing problem on windows

8. Place an array item in a specific place.

9. simple unix commands rewritten in perl..

10. Parts of C news rewritten in Perl, anyone?

11. rewrite this 7-liner in perl?

12. Sendmail rewriting rules in Perl?