http download of images in perl
Author Message
 http download of images in perl
I am trying to set up a server to send out image downloads via HTTP.
(so that the browser neither tries to display them nor opens an
associated application)  It seems that if I write a
header such as Content-type: application/x-madeupname with UserAgent
and HTTP::Request GET from LWP, the file is saved, but only using the
name of the script all of this is written from!

Alternately, the workaround I just learned of:

<FORM ACTION='script.cgi/image03.gif'><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT> where
script.cgi is a page that prints the aforementioned content type

seems to save the images with the correct path name, but without their
extention!  aahhhhh...So close but yet so far.

What is the best way of accomplishing this?  Any advice much
appreciated.

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Downloading images with HTTP/LWP libraries

2. Downloading images from web pages using perl.

3. Download image from a html page using perl CGI

4. Download files using HTTP / Perl

5. perl module for http download of file

6. HTTP download in perl

7. How to download page/image?

8. LWP::Simple downloads many image files easily

9. Content-type to download an image!

10. IO::Socket::INET to download images?

11. Image can view but cannot download?

12. prevent download of images