mod_perl or PHP for database drive site?
Author Message
 mod_perl or PHP for database drive site?

I am creating a high traffic MySQL based database site (kind of like
one of those dating sites but different).  Anyway which is better PHP
or mod_perl in terms of speed, stability, and development time.

thanks...
kramer

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:45:51 GMT
 mod_perl or PHP for database drive site?

Quote:

>I am creating a high traffic MySQL based database site (kind of like
>one of those dating sites but different).  Anyway which is better PHP
>or mod_perl in terms of speed, stability, and development time.

When you ask this question in a Perl news group what answer would
you expect to hear?   Perl is more general than PHP but then I have
a co-worker who is writing administrative batch scripts in PHP. So
anything is posible I suppose.

Good Luck
--
    This space intentionally left blank

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 05:05:15 GMT
 mod_perl or PHP for database drive site?

Quote:
>I am creating a high traffic MySQL based database site (kind of like
>one of those dating sites but different).  Anyway which is better PHP
>or mod_perl in terms of speed, stability, and development time.

It all depends on who you are and what you want to do.  And nobody
will stop you if you want to use both :-)

HTH,
--

split//,unpack('u*','L#`T&)QD5#0`#!!`#%1D)#08`#P05!!(3``$$"``#"0L&``('.
'"`P<!`````0$`'));$t=~s/(\d)(.)/$2x$1/eg;map{$t.=substr$t,$i,1,''while

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:34:30 GMT
 mod_perl or PHP for database drive site?

Quote:
> I am creating a high traffic MySQL based database site (kind of like
> one of those dating sites but different).  Anyway which is better PHP
> or mod_perl in terms of speed, stability, and development time.

What is your name?  Jay.
What is your quest? I seek the holy grail.
Which is better, PHP or mod_perl in terms of speed, stability, and
development time? Perl! No, PHP!, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Jay

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:29:33 GMT
 mod_perl or PHP for database drive site?

Quote:

> I am creating a high traffic MySQL based database site (kind of like
> one of those dating sites but different).  Anyway which is better PHP
> or mod_perl in terms of speed, stability, and development time.

mod_fastcgi

It comes close to PHP and mod_perl in terms of speed, it's more stable,
and it has shorter development time than either, particularly for those
who are used to writing CGI programs.

--
"I think not," said Descartes, and promptly disappeared.

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:52:02 GMT

1. mod_perl and PHP

2. ~~~ URGENT ~~~ Problem with PHP and mod_perl

3. mod_perl invalidates php and other CGI modules!?

4. General Question, Speed w/mod_perl v PHP

5. php, embPerl, mod_perl, help.

6. mod_perl + PHP + Apache

7. PHP vs PERL speed when accessing MYSQL database

8. Need Perl or PHP langauge to search MySQL Database

9. help needed - database driven html pages

10. help needed - database driven html pages

11. Copying files from one drive to another drive

12. Copying files from one drive to another drive