Sending results to two frames at once
Author Message
 Sending results to two frames at once

I don't know if this is possible at all but I have developed a script for an
onlineshop and I need to update two frames with the result of the script. Is
there a way to tell the browser in what frame it should display the output
from the script from within perl?

//Roger

Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending results to two frames at once

#
# : I don't know if this is possible at all but I have developed a script
for an
# : onlineshop and I need to update two frames with the result of the
script. Is
# : there a way to tell the browser in what frame it should display the output
# : from the script from within perl?
#
# Send a Target header.  I don't know if you can output to two separate
# frames, tho.  You'll have to try it.  Hope this helps!

THIS IS NOT A CGI OR WWW NEWSGROUP.

Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

--
Nathan V. Patwardhan

"Hello, good citizen.  I'm Batman.
Would you like to be my assistant?
Would you like to ride with me?
Would you like to ride with Batman?"

Tue, 27 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending results to two frames at once

you might want to insert a sub frame-layout-document into your document
to make this work

(e.g. have one file with 3 frames where the middle frame might have the
name "middle_frame" and then load a 2 frame document to target
"middle_frame", then you just need to replace this "middle_frame" frame
with another 2 frame document by targetin the according output)

sounds complicated? it isn't! :)

an example:

frame1.html:
  <framset ...>
   <frame name="one" src="x.html">
   <frame name="middle_frame" src="twoframes.html">
   <frame name="three" src="y.html">
  </frameset>

and twoframes.html:

  <frameset ...>
    <frame ...>
    <frame ...>
  </frameset>

does that help?

  Christoph

--

     Network & System       voice: (49)7031-147846 (HP: 778-7846)
  Management Division         fax: (49)7031-141388 (HP: 778-1388)

   "Talking about music is like dancing about architecture" - FZ

Tue, 27 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending results to two frames at once

Quote:

>you might want to insert a sub frame-layout-document into your document
>to make this work

>(e.g. have one file with 3 frames where the middle frame might have the
>name "middle_frame" and then load a 2 frame document to target
>"middle_frame", then you just need to replace this "middle_frame" frame
>with another 2 frame document by targetin the according output)
>does that help?

No ;) The problem _was_ to get the result of one script into two frames at
once. I have an orderform in one frame and a shopping bag in another. The
shoppingform is editable and when sending the edited form to the server the
result should be a new editable form _and_ an update of the shopping bagwindow
as well. The problem is now fixed.

//Roger
But thanks anyway

Wed, 28 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending results to two frames at once

# >you might want to insert a sub frame-layout-document into your document
# >to make this work
# >
# >(e.g. have one file with 3 frames where the middle frame might have the
# >name "middle_frame" and then load a 2 frame document to target
# >"middle_frame", then you just need to replace this "middle_frame" frame
# >with another 2 frame document by targetin the according output)
#
# >does that help?
#
# No ;) The problem _was_ to get the result of one script into two frames at
# once. I have an orderform in one frame and a shopping bag in another. The
# shoppingform is editable and when sending the edited form to the server the
# result should be a new editable form _and_ an update of the shopping
bagwindow
# as well. The problem is now fixed.

THIS IS NOT THE CGI OR WWW NEWSGROUP.  GO AWAY.

#================================================================
My grandfather invented Cliff's Notes. It all started back in
1912...  Well, to make a long story short ...

   --Steven Wright

PGP Key 1024/B76E72AD                           http://pudge.net/
Keyfingerprint = 08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6

Wed, 28 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending results to two frames at once

Quote:
> Send a Target header.  I don't know if you can output to two separate
> frames, tho.  You'll have to try it.  Hope this helps!

Last time I checked, Navigator at least ignored "Window-target" headers in
MIME multipart returns, seemingly the obvious solution. Maybe they fixed that,
you can try yelling at them some.

_Please_ take this stuff to the CGI/HTTP/&c. groups!

--
Jesse "Da Juice" Glick

617-867-1017

Sat, 07 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl to two Frames at once?

2. Frames and CGI.pm: How to send output to two frames?

3. Working with two streams at once: ack pth!

4. Matching two patterns at once

5. Doing two tasks at once

6. File I/O: want to compare two or more lines @ once

7. Display Results of POST operation in Frame?

8. Two scripts at once?

9. Running Two Scripts at Once

10. search in one frame, get results in another?

11. Two Text files at once?

12. two frames using pelr