http download
Author Message
 http download

Could some tell me which module to use to donwload a file from http to
unix?  The one liners in the module list aren't helping me any.

thanks.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 http download

Quote:

> Could some tell me which module to use to donwload a file from http to
> unix?  The one liners in the module list aren't helping me any.

you can also use LWP::UserAgent
the module lets you save into a file.  it can
also let you save the file gradually, printing
out download status every, say, 4096 bytes.

     require LWP::UserAgent;
     $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;

     $request = new HTTP::Request('GET',
'http://www.yahoo.com');

     $response = $ua->request($request); # or
     $response = $ua->request($request, '/tmp/sss'); # or
     $response = $ua->request($request, \&callback, 4096);

.... }

Perl in a Nutshell provides good reference on various
Perl modules.  More info at
    http://www.0011.com/books/perl/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 http download

Quote:
> Could some tell me which module to use to donwload a file from http to
> unix?  The one liners in the module list aren't helping me any.

Look at LWP::Simple.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. http download with lwp

2. perl module for http download of file

3. http download of images in perl

4. http download ???

5. HTTP download in perl

6. question on http downloading

7. My HTTP download doesn't work, eahhh? HELP!!

8. http client file download?

9. Download files using HTTP / Perl

10. HTTP::Request: how to download to a file

11. http header for prompting Mac IE 5 downloading

12. Downloading images with HTTP/LWP libraries