Fcntl locking and NFS.
Author Message
 Fcntl locking and NFS.

Hello,

I'm writing a script to handle some systems and need to do file
locking on a file which needs to be NFS shared. Thus I can't use
flock. Further, fcntl seems to be a waste of time as I can't find any
good documentation on using it, and I need a method of locking which
is portable (to at least solaris, linux and HP-UX). I'm considering
dot locking, or some such, but not sure how to implement that in
perl. Any suggestions? (if anyone has fcntl working nicely I'll use
that too.)

Systems Administrator Boston University SPI Lab

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. fcntl() for NFS file-locking

2. fcntl () for NFS file locking

3. fcntl, lockf, mutual exclusion in an NFS environment

4. Flock flaky over NFS how about fcntl?

5. fcntl() problems with NFS and Irix

6. NFS locking, the right way to do it?

7. Samba, NFS locking

8. File Locking over NFS

9. Locking files across NFS

10. Need to Lock files (NFS)

11. locking files over NFS

12. Best locking method for NFS - flock() OK?