Broken compile-mode?
Author Message
 Broken compile-mode?

Being a newbie to perl and emacs, I can't be sure that things are
broken, but I can't get emacs to find the next error when I use compile
mode. Yet from what I have read about it in my emacs book, it ought to
work, at least the syntax of the error seems to be write.

Can anyone confirm this? I am using Slackware 3.0 linux and the emacs
that was on it (version 19 something or other).

thanks, mike

Thu, 22 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Broken compile-mode?

[A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to Mike Wise

Quote:
> Being a newbie to perl and emacs, I can't be sure that things are
> broken, but I can't get emacs to find the next error when I use compile
> mode. Yet from what I have read about it in my emacs book, it ought to
> work, at least the syntax of the error seems to be write.

> Can anyone confirm this? I am using Slackware 3.0 linux and the emacs
> that was on it (version 19 something or other).

I hope you use CPerl already? If not, get one from CPAN.

(The latest version had wrong permissions - again! - until this
morning, should propagate to CPAN in a couple of days.)

Ilya

Fri, 23 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. setuid taint mode broken; perl reputation suffers

2. NT/95: Emacs, mode-compile, and perl...

3. What benefit does compiling in SHARED mode

4. Broken CPAN Module. IO modules no longer compile

5. compile modules on win32 (xsubpp broke)

6. Enhanced cperl-mode.el (Perl editing mode for Emacs)

7. cperl-mode: Another perl mode for Gnuemacs

8. Character-mode client versus line-mode server

9. converting mode from stat into ls style mode string

10. Perl 5.001 + Tk: broken demo, broken evaluation?

11. Line Breaks and Breaking Necks

12. regex break out of while loop broken?