Read/Write Microsoft CVS files....
Author Message
 Read/Write Microsoft CVS files....

Hello,

Does someone has a package/script for reading and writting CSV formated
files into a perl-script? I'm sure someone has allready implemented
a bunch of functions that deal with CSV files. (or package for it)

BTW Why to re-invent the wheel?

Tia.

--
--- Ricky                            -*- Mode: Another-Unix-Hacker -*-

Technologies Ltd.
---   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ricky           (A Siemens Company)
-    "With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available.
-     On Unix, I am limited only by my own knowledge." -- Peter J.
Schoenster

Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Read/Write Microsoft CVS files....

Quote:
>Does someone has a package/script for reading and writting CSV formated
>files into a perl-script? I'm sure someone has allready implemented
>a bunch of functions that deal with CSV files. (or package for it)

>BTW Why to re-invent the wheel?

Perl Modules are your friend.

  Text::CSV
  ftp://ftp.mcs.net/mcsnet.users/apc/Text-CSV-0.01.tar.gz
  Text::CSV provides facilities for the composition and decomposition of
  comma-separated values. An instance of the Text::CSV class can combine
  fields into a CSV string and parse a CSV string into fields.

--

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Read/Write Microsoft CVS files....

2. Reading and writing Microsoft unicode files

3. how can I read lines from file compare it and write it to another file

4. Writing Microsoft Outlook Notes With Perl

5. Open an existing Microsoft Excell workbook and write to a particular cell

6. Reading from a file another process has written

7. How to read/write Comma Seperated Value Files (CSV)

8. Read AND WRITE dBASE files from PERL?

9. Reading/Writing huge files

10. Reading/Writing from text file at same time

11. READ/WRITE to the same file--POSSIBLE BUG

12. file read/write bug?