Net::FTP documentation and examples
Author Message
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

: If Windows, deep format your hard drive(s) and install Linux.
[snip]

Aw c'mon! :-)  Sure I'm primarily a Unix user but that doesn't mean
the NT/Win95 port of Perl is useless.  In fact there's an excellent
port of 5.004_01 on CPAN in the nt directory - this port includes a
working version of pTk, and MakeMaker seems to work just fine if
you're using Visual C++.  I believe Net::FTP (and the entire libnet
distribution) is included with this port.

--
Nathan V. Patwardhan

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

Quote:

> Does anyone know of a more detailed set of documentation for Net::FTP?
> I have been working with the example as given in the perldoc page, but
> it doesn't seem to work for me...  no errors or anything...  I haven't
> been able to get anything on CPAN for the last week or so either, as it
> appears that perl.com is having server problems...

        Post your code with any error messages it might give.  A copy of
        the output from Perl -V is never a bad idea either.

        For docs, try perldoc Net::FTP.  Look for "Debug" in it.  If that's
        not enough, see my statement above.

--
-Zenin

Sat, 15 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

Quote:

> Have you looked at the pod in Net::FTP itself?  If Unix, and if things
> have been installed correctly, try "man Net::FTP".  If Mac, start up
> Shuck and open :Net:FTP.pm.  If Windows, deep format your hard
> drive(s) and install Linux.

I have read the pod (which is why I turned to clp.misc), and found
little more than a basic sample script and vague instructions for
advanced features...  Does anyone know if the author (or anyone else)
has a webpage with more detail?

--
Keys
Spam sucks.  To reply, please change "org" to "com" in my return

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

Quote:

> I have read the pod (which is why I turned to clp.misc), and found
> little more than a basic sample script and vague instructions for
> advanced features...  Does anyone know if the author (or anyone else)
> has a webpage with more detail?

        Once again, tell us in general what you are trying to do that
        the docs don't cover.  If the docs aren't clear enough, then it
        is a bug in the docs.  If you don't tell us what you are looking
        for, how do you expect us to help you???  How is anyone to know
        what to add to the docs if you don't tell us???

--
-Zenin

Mon, 17 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

Quote:

> I have read the pod (which is why I turned to clp.misc), and found
> little more than a basic sample script and vague instructions for
> advanced features...  Does anyone know if the author (or anyone else)
> has a webpage with more detail?

I hope not. :-)  If there is any better documentation than that which
comes with a module, it should probably be distributed with the module. On
the other hand, authors are sometimes too busy to properly document every
way of using a module, so if you discover additional helpful examples it
would be good to help the author to incorporate them into the docs. Good
luck!

--
Tom Phoenix           http://www.teleport.com/~rootbeer/

Randal Schwartz Case:  http://www.rahul.net/jeffrey/ovs/

Mon, 17 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

On the Activeware port of Perl, I could not find perldoc.
Is it part of the standard distribution, or is the source
available elswhere and does it run on Windoze?

lparillo at suffolk dot lib dot ny dot us

:       For docs, try perldoc Net::FTP.  Look for "Debug" in it.  If that's
:       not enough, see my statement above.

: --
: -Zenin

Mon, 31 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

Quote:

> : For docs, try perldoc Net::FTP.  Look for "Debug" in it.  If that's
> : not enough, see my statement above.

I tried it, but the only response is
"No documentation found for 'Net::FTP'"

Could you please just post a www-link or something like that
where to find the docs ?

Thank you.

Mattias

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

Quote:

> On the Activeware port of Perl, I could not find perldoc.
> Is it part of the standard distribution, or is the source
> available elswhere and does it run on Windoze?

        Yes, it's part of the standard dist.  It's also writen in perl,
        so you may need to find it and run it as "perl.exe perldoc net::ftp"
        or some other silly nonsense.

--
-Zenin

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

Quote:

> > : For docs, try perldoc Net::FTP.
> I tried it, but the only response is
> "No documentation found for 'Net::FTP'"

> Could you please just post a www-link or something like that
> where to find the docs ?

I don't think they're on the web in a browser-readable form, but I haven't
looked. :-)  But wouldn't it be better for you to find out how to fix
perldoc, so that you can get _all_ the docs for _all_ the modules? (Maybe

perldoc' to see what you can do about that.)

But if you can't fix perldoc, you should still be able to read the POD
docs in Net::FTP with any text reader. (That is, open up the FTP.pm file
and look for "=head". The docs follow that line.)

Hope this helps!

--
Tom Phoenix           http://www.teleport.com/~rootbeer/

Randal Schwartz Case:  http://www.rahul.net/jeffrey/ovs/

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

Quote:
>    Perl works under Win32, but it doesn't like it.

Me too!

:-)

--
Tom Phoenix           http://www.teleport.com/~rootbeer/

Randal Schwartz Case:  http://www.rahul.net/jeffrey/ovs/

Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

        >snip<

Quote:
> But if you can't fix perldoc, you should still be able to read the POD
> docs in Net::FTP with any text reader. (That is, open up the FTP.pm file
> and look for "=head". The docs follow that line.)

        Or, hand hold perldoc and walk it directly to the module:
                perldoc C:\full\path\to\my\perl5\lib\site_perl\Net\FTP.pm

        If you still can't get the docs out of it that way, you've got a
        broken copy of Net::FTP.  I'd recommend downloading a new copy and
        reinstalling, or just reading the docs in it.

        Perl works under Win32, but it doesn't like it.

--
-Zenin

Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Net::FTP documentation and examples

    TP> I don't think they're on the web in a browser-readable form,
    TP> but I haven't looked. :-)

Try http://ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de/CPAN.html
You should be able to access (nearly) all POD from CPAN.

Ulrich Pfeifer
--
perl -e 'print map chr($_&=127), unpack "C*", pack "w", \
"28031325277245338375695089304165009203757780884355338"'

Thu, 03 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Net::FTP examples ftp->quit hangs

2. Perl example in Net::FTP man page

3. NET::FTP example code please?

4. Net::Ftp Example with Proxy Sought

5. Net::FTP example

6. NET::SSH, NET::FTP, NET::POP3 (how to detect)

7. NET::FTP How to FTP all files of a current filetype

8. Net::FTP $ftp->pwd() undef??

9. libnet/Net::FTP-- accessing FTP within an intranet...

10. ftp.pl vs NET:FTP

11. Net::Ftp and the use of the FTP user command

12. How to use Net::FTP - FTP Client class through a Firewall