NT Script, Accessing network drives under scheduler
Author Message
 NT Script, Accessing network drives under scheduler

My apologies if this topic has been covered before, but I have been unable to
track down a solution.

I have been working with a script recently that needs to copy files from one NT
server to another on a scheduled basis for backups.  The schedule service on the
server runs under the system account.  I am aware that this can cause problems
with accessing network shares, but thought I had a work-around.

My script made a system call to map the network drive using a specific account.
The pertinent line is pasted below:
system 'net use w: \\server2\d$ /user:useraccount password';
(Names have been changed to protect the innocent)

The script works fine when run manually on the server.  When run by the
scheduler, it fails.

I would like to keep the schedule service running under the system account if at
all possible.  Is there a way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:07:57 GMT

1. perl, NT, IIS, can't get script to use network drive

2. NT and network drives

3. Running a PERL Script using NT Scheduler (automated)

4. Running a PERL Script using NT Scheduler (automated)

5. `FILNAME` accesses floppy drive before current drive

6. Accessing NT Network Neighbourhood

7. CGI scripts to access client hard drives

8. CGI scripts to access client hard drives

9. CGI scripts to access client hard drives

10. UNC drive\path\file for NT Cgi/Perl script

11. Reading a networked drive

12. Win32 modules used with WinAt/NT Scheduler Service