Scripts with root privileges
Author Message
 Scripts with root privileges

I need to write a program that performs some functions as superuser,
How can I do this in Perl?
        Adriano Arruda.

Sun, 21 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Scripts with root privileges

: I need to write a program that performs some functions as superuser,
: How can I do this in Perl?

Is this a CGI program?  If so, NEVER, EVER do this, particularly if you are
inexperienced with Perl.  If this is a system program, you should probably
still NOT do this, unless you have an experienced sysadmin (who understands
shell scripts / Perl completely), because scripts of this nature are VERY
risky, and can cause you a lot of hardships if they are broken.

HTH

Nate

Sun, 21 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Scripts with root privileges

Quote:

> I need to write a program that performs some functions as superuser,
> How can I do this in Perl?

See perlsec(1). Hope this helps!

-- Tom Phoenix            http://www.teleport.com/~rootbeer/

Sun, 21 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to solve when no root privilege?

2. write privilege for script.

3. Problem running Sybperl scripts as root user

4. Running a CGI script as root

5. perl script setuid root

6. how do I get root to execute a cgi script

7. Need CGI Script executed as root, how?

8. Problem running Sybperl scripts as root user

9. let a perl script run as root

10. Need help running script suid root

11. SUID root script problem

12. perl scripts run whilst root