Unix Xrtns
Author Message
 Unix Xrtns

Are Perl scripts Unix XReturn sensitive?

ie, if someone has been saving scripts in wordpad will it affect
functionality?

thanks

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Unix Xrtns

Quote:

> Are Perl scripts Unix XReturn sensitive?

> ie, if someone has been saving scripts in wordpad will it affect
> functionality?

Yes - especially if it was saved as a .WRI file ;-{  If the script is
to be run on a UNix system then you will need to transfer the file
from the PC in ASCII mode (assuming FTP) - if you are sharing the files
between a PC and unix then you will need to strip the \015s from the
line with some program.

You might check out the article on this matter by Dave Cross :

   <http://www.mag-sol.com/Articles/index.html>

/J\
--
"I can't believe Elton John recorded that song again. Exactly how do you
live your life like a spurgis in the wind?" - Ronnie, Veronica's Closet

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with Unix pipe within perl script (also posted in comp.unix.programmer)

2. Announce - Unix-Conf-Bind8-0.3, Unix-Conf-0.2

3. Unix::ConfigFile / Unix::PasswdFile example !

4. SRC: {unix,mac,cpm}2{unix,mac,cpm} converters

5. perl script works fine on one unix system but fails on another unix server

6. Unix Perl vs. Unix Perl?

7. how to run unix-command-script for unix-command under Perl ?

8. Accessing Windows 2000 AD entries (from UNIX machine)

9. ODBC DB connection errors with MS Access on UNIX

10. Unix assumptions in perl (Windows/CE port)

11. Space available on Unix device (like df) ?

12. UNIX vs. NT