BSDI/3.1, Perl, ncurses 4.2
Author Message
 BSDI/3.1, Perl, ncurses 4.2

        I am attempting to use the Curses.pm Perl module on BSDI/3.1
with the ncurses 4.2 library. I compiled everything through shlicc2,
which I assumed was the correct compiler choice (which is, by the way,
a wrapper around egcs 1.1).  I continue to get:

Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/Curses/Curses.o' for module Curses: can't
resolve undefined symbols: Inappropriate file type or format at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/i386-bsdos/DynaLoader.pm

        Perl gurus have assured me that the problem lies in Curses.o;
when the file gets dl'd into Perl's memory space, it tries to load
libncurses.a as a shared library.  Since it isn't a shared library and
a shared version hasn't been defined into /etc/shlib.map (and is not
likely to be), the load dies.

        Is there a way to build Curses.o with the *entire*
libncurses.a built into it, rather than trying to load it after the
fact, dynamically?  Has anyone else ever gotten the Perl module
Curses.o to work with BSDI.  With ncurses?

        Thanks,

                Elf Sternberg

--
Elf M. Sternberg, rational romantic mystical cynical idealist
If you're so smart, why aren't you {*filter*}?

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. perl 5.004_04 on BSDi 3.1

2. Anyone built Perl 5.004 on BSDi 3.1?

3. Perl5_04 for BSDI 3.1

4. Compiling perl5.004_04 for BSDI 3.1

5. Building Perl5.004_04 on BSDI 3.1

6. how do I install on BSDI 3.1?

7. Err Building PERL5 on BSDI 3.1

8. Perl 4.036 fails tests on Ultrix 4.2 RISC

9. Random test results w/Perl 4.036 under Ultrix 4.2

10. building perl with gcc 1.40 on Ultrix 4.2

11. Problem compiling PERL 4.035 on Ultrix 4.2

12. perl core dumps on syslog.pl (Ultrix 4.2)