Installing Perl on Windows 95 or Windows 98
Author Message
 Installing Perl on Windows 95 or Windows 98

I am fascinated with learning perl, but I don't have a clue how get an
compatible version. I've read some discouraging stuff about installing perl
on Windows 95. Is there a version out there somewhere thats semi easy to
install and works.

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing Perl on Windows 95 or Windows 98
[Posted to comp.lang.perl.misc and a copy mailed.]

Quote:
> I am fascinated with learning perl, but I don't have a clue how get an
> compatible version. I've read some discouraging stuff about installing perl
> on Windows 95. Is there a version out there somewhere thats semi easy to
> install and works.

http://www.activestate.com/ActivePerl/ has a version that is *very* easy
to install and works.

No munge, no problem.

--
(Just Another Larry) Rosler
Hewlett-Packard Company

Sat, 09 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing Perl on Windows 95 or Windows 98
Perl actually works okay on Win95.  You can just get the Win32 port
off of www.perl.com or cpan and just follow the included instructions.
Also, there is the wonderful "LEARNING PERL ON WIN32 SYSTEMS" from O'reilly,
and there are some hints on how to set things up.  I had pretty good luck,
even programmed some scripts on
Win95, and then transfered the code to  HP-UX (Hewlitt-Packard Unix).
 It makes Wintel box pretty powerful.

AJ

Quote:

>I am fascinated with learning perl, but I don't have a clue how get an
>compatible version. I've read some discouraging stuff about installing perl
>on Windows 95. Is there a version out there somewhere thats semi easy to
>install and works.

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Personal Web Server, Windows 95-98, Perl.

2. date under windows 95/98/NT

3. Socket problems on Windows 95/98

4. Socket problems on Windows 95/98

5. How to install Perl (and Apache on a Windows 98 system to test CGI/SQL scripts)

6. One-place procedure for installing Perl/Tk on Windows (98)

7. Where can I get Perl for Windows NT or Windows 95

8. installing activeperl on windows 98 using personal web server

9. Unable to install libwww-perl on Windows '95 platform

10. Problem installing libwww-perl on Windows '95 platform

11. Help installing Perl in Windows 95

12. Help ! Windows 95 and Perl Install Problem