Change file extensions in specific subfolders.
Author Message
 Change file extensions in specific subfolders.

I need to change html files to shtml in
folders with the same name (all within
a complex folder tree).

Someone help me out?
Or maybe a good perl site for starters?

--
thanks, starflyer

Sun, 16 May 2004 13:59:41 GMT
 Change file extensions in specific subfolders.

Quote:
>I need to change html files to shtml in
>folders with the same name (all within
>a complex folder tree).

perldoc -f rename
perldoc -X File::Find

If the contents of shtml files are
different from html files you will
also need to read the perldoc for
the following functions:
open, die, print, while, close and s///

Quote:
>Someone help me out?
>Or maybe a good perl site for starters?

www.perldoc.com
web.stonehenge.com/merlyn
www.perl.com
theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/cpan-search.html

Regards,
Helgi Briem

Sun, 16 May 2004 15:41:10 GMT

1. perl script for changing file names and extensions

2. Extracting specific text from specific files in a list

3. sun specific probs while writing C++ extensions for perl (XS)

4. Changed specific text in fetched page.

5. Changing case of specific characters in string

6. Newbie Question: Processing records when specific fields change

7. Change Extension .pl ?

8. config.sh changes for dynamicly-linked extensions under SCO 5

9. perl scripts tries to locate specific file, getting file not found

10. printing at a specific line in a file already open

11. Removing specific strings in a text file

12. Search file for specific string.