inetinfo sticks in NT
Author Message
 inetinfo sticks in NT

Whenever I do stupid things like forgetting to increment i in a loop... like
this...

while ($i < 10) {
     print "this loop should run 10 times if I remember to increment i";

Quote:
}

$i++ # Doh!  Shoulda done this in the loop.

Like that... my task manager shows the task "inetinfo" using 100% resources,
and I cannot end-task it.  I am forced against every fiber of my being to
reboot completely, which makes me insane.  I've tried using the NT ResKit
Process Viewer to get inside the inetinfo into it's
sub-processes/threads/whatever to shut it down there, but I can't do it.

Anyone?

Erik

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 inetinfo sticks in NT

Quote:
> Whenever I do stupid things like forgetting to increment i in a loop... like
> this...

> while ($i < 10) {
>      print "this loop should run 10 times if I remember to increment i";
> }

> $i++ # Doh!  Shoulda done this in the loop.

> Like that... my task manager shows the task "inetinfo" using 100% resources,
> and I cannot end-task it.  I am forced against every fiber of my being to
> reboot completely, which makes me insane.  I've tried using the NT ResKit
> Process Viewer to get inside the inetinfo into it's
> sub-processes/threads/whatever to shut it down there, but I can't do it.

> Anyone?

And your Perl question is ...?

--
Larry Rosler
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 inetinfo sticks in NT

Quote:
> Like that... my task manager shows the task "inetinfo" using 100% resources,
> and I cannot end-task it.  I am forced against every fiber of my being to
> reboot completely, which makes me insane.  I've tried using the NT ResKit
> Process Viewer to get inside the inetinfo into it's
> sub-processes/threads/whatever to shut it down there, but I can't do it.

And what does this have to do with perl? This is clearly an operating
system deficiency, which you should take up with the vendor of your
operating system. It also has to do with the mouse driven clickme
interface that people get {*filter*}ed to. If you start your perl program
from the command line, you can just stop it by using whatever your
shell has configured as a break key. probably ctrl-C or something like
that. No need for a 'task manager'.

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen                  |
Webmaster www.tradingpost.com.au    | Make it idiot proof and someone will

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 inetinfo sticks in NT

Quote:

> Like that... my task manager shows the task "inetinfo" using 100% resources,
> and I cannot end-task it.  I am forced against every fiber of my being to
> reboot completely, which makes me insane.  I've tried using the NT ResKit
> Process Viewer to get inside the inetinfo into it's
> sub-processes/threads/whatever to shut it down there, but I can't do it.

> Anyone?

C:\> kill inetinfo
C:\> net start w3svc

"kill" is in the resource kill. It does the NT version of a Unix
"kill -9".

Ask in the right newgroup next time...

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny                   Web Geek, Perl Hacker, etc.

LOAD "LINUX",8,1

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 inetinfo sticks in NT

Quote:
>Like that... my task manager shows the task "inetinfo" using 100%
>resources, and I cannot end-task it.

Even if this is not a perl question, it's worth answering (if someone having
the same problem happened to check the archives).

I've used the dirty trick by using Reskit's tlist and kill. First get the
PID with tlist and {*filter*} her! :) Then start again.

Should be easy to do this trick with a short perl script.

-a

Sat, 23 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 inetinfo sticks in NT
[original author automagically cc'd via e-mail]

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 11:04:41 +0300, "Antti Boman"

Quote:

>>Like that... my task manager shows the task "inetinfo" using 100%
>>resources, and I cannot end-task it.

>Even if this is not a perl question, it's worth answering (if someone having
>the same problem happened to check the archives).

>I've used the dirty trick by using Reskit's tlist and kill. First get the
>PID with tlist and {*filter*} her! :) Then start again.

Shouldn't be necessary. kill will take a program name as an argument.

Jeremy
--

Wood County Free Net (Ohio)       http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 23 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Stuck - $ENV Not Import in Perl NT

2. Win32:ODBC leaking memory into inetinfo.exe

3. CGI, NT4, IIS3, InetInfo process is a hog

4. Win32:ODBC leaking memory into inetinfo.exe

5. cgi stuck in loop

6. CGI.pm forms not "sticking"

7. Sybperl: dblogin gets stuck on bad input

8. Newb stuck on simple code....

9. kid's output stuck in a TTY?!

10. STUCK WITH Macperl

11. err...stuck