Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6
Author Message
 Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6

I can't seem to read any of my DB_File or GDBM_File hashes after
upgrading to 5.6.  Is there any solution to this?
THanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6
Help!  We have upgraded to 5.6.0 from 00502, and I find that our
GDBM_FIle hashes (using the Tie::Hash stuff) work on Solaris but not
on our Silicon Graphics machines.  Bluearchtop: what platform are
you using?  We have gdbm 1.8.0.

The error message I get is:

"Can't call method "FETCH" on an undefined value at
/ATMS/Scripts/gdbm.pl line 23."

The line in question is $ref->FETCH line.  Any ideas of why this
would work on a Sun (Solaris 2.8) and not Silicon Graphics (IRIX6.5)
would be appreciates.  Maybe bluearchtop & I are having the same
problem?

sub FETCH{
    my $self = shift ;
    my $ref = $self->{'gdbm'};

Quote:
}

Thanks,

Sarah

Quote:

> I can't seem to read any of my DB_File or GDBM_File hashes after
> upgrading to 5.6.  Is there any solution to this?
> THanks

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6
I did more debugging of my stuff (I didn't write it), and I found
that I am failing to open the gdbm file on the silicon graphics
machine.  It works fine on the solaris box.  Now I'm really curious
about the architecture that BLUEARCHTOP is using.

Sarah

Quote:

> Help!  We have upgraded to 5.6.0 from 00502, and I find that our
> GDBM_FIle hashes (using the Tie::Hash stuff) work on Solaris but not
> on our Silicon Graphics machines.  Bluearchtop: what platform are
> you using?  We have gdbm 1.8.0.

> The error message I get is:

> "Can't call method "FETCH" on an undefined value at
> /ATMS/Scripts/gdbm.pl line 23."

> The line in question is $ref->FETCH line.  Any ideas of why this
> would work on a Sun (Solaris 2.8) and not Silicon Graphics (IRIX6.5)
> would be appreciates.  Maybe bluearchtop & I are having the same
> problem?

> sub FETCH{
>     my $self = shift ;
>     my $ref = $self->{'gdbm'};

> }

> Thanks,

> Sarah

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6
Sorry folks, I figured it out. I had to recomplile and statically link
DB_File instead.

Quote:
> I can't seem to read any of my DB_File or GDBM_File hashes after
> upgrading to 5.6.  Is there any solution to this?
> THanks

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't open DBM after upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6
Actually, I still do have the problem. I thought statically linking dbm
fixed it, but it didn't.

The platform is SunOS 5.6.

Here's a simple script that shows my problem:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl5.005
use DB_File;
dbmopen (%DB,"test.db",0700);
$DB{test} = "test";
dbmclose %DB;
undef %DB;
dbmopen (%DB,"test.db",0700);
print $DB{test};
print "\n\n";

### THIS CORRECTLY CREATES THE test.db AND PRINTS "test"

Now, I try to read it with 5.6

#!/usr/local/bin/perl5.6.0
use DB_File;
dbmopen (%DB,"test.db",0700);
print $DB{test};
print "\n\n";

## THIS PRINTS NOTHING!! ##

Any ideas? How can I tell what version DB_File I have?
Thanks

Quote:
> I did more debugging of my stuff (I didn't write it), and I found
> that I am failing to open the gdbm file on the silicon graphics
> machine.  It works fine on the solaris box.  Now I'm really curious
> about the architecture that BLUEARCHTOP is using.

> Sarah

> > Help!  We have upgraded to 5.6.0 from 00502, and I find that our
> > GDBM_FIle hashes (using the Tie::Hash stuff) work on Solaris but not
> > on our Silicon Graphics machines.  Bluearchtop: what platform are
> > you using?  We have gdbm 1.8.0.

> > The error message I get is:

> > "Can't call method "FETCH" on an undefined value at
> > /ATMS/Scripts/gdbm.pl line 23."

> > The line in question is $ref->FETCH line.  Any ideas of why this
> > would work on a Sun (Solaris 2.8) and not Silicon Graphics (IRIX6.5)
> > would be appreciates.  Maybe bluearchtop & I are having the same
> > problem?

> > sub FETCH{
> >     my $self = shift ;
> >     my $ref = $self->{'gdbm'};

> > }

> > Thanks,

> > Sarah

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Lost libraries when upgrading from 5.005 to 5.6

2. tie with open2 worked on 5.005 but not 5.6

3. forked pipes not closing (5.005 -> 5.6)

4. Installing and running Perl 5.005 and 5.6 on same system

5. 5.005 to 5.6

6. Perl 5.005 or 5.6?

7. Differing parses under 5.005, 5.6?

8. Performance of ActiveState Perl 5.6 versus 5.005

9. 5.005 to 5.6

10. help on a (maybe trivial?) upgrade from 5.005 -> 5.6 query

11. Need Hints on Upgrading to Perl 5.005

12. DBM File will not open after Redhat 6.0 upgrade